Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......do you think it takes to bring an 04 ls1 past an 05 ls2 in horsepower?
I drive them both every day at my job, and mine(2004) has a good amount of mods, but still feels slower than an 05.
Any suggestions?:cool

·
Registered
439 Posts

Let's see, LT's, catback, intake, maybe a pulley or two, and a dyno tune should get you pretty close to what a stock LS2 dynos. If you're an auto, stall it.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CrabhartLSX said:

Let's see, LT's, catback, intake, maybe a pulley or two, and a dyno tune should get you pretty close to what a stock LS2 dynos. If you're an auto, stall it.
Thanks for the reply. Some of those mods I already have.
Question on the intake:I like the "Wilson FAST" manifold, but I have heard of people bolting on a stock ls6 manifold to add power. Any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
439 Posts
PEARL JAM said:
Thanks for the reply. Some of those mods I already have.
Question on the intake:I like the "Wilson FAST" manifold, but I have heard of people bolting on a stock ls6 manifold to add power. Any thoughts on that?
well you already have the LS6 manifold you speak of. All LS1 engines 01 and above come stock with it.

It's a fine intake anyway, I wouldn't say changing it to the FAST intake is worth it unless you decide to go FI.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.