Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm getting hit on left and right with this car by the majority of 4 cylinders out there. Just now during lunchtime, a modded 300 ZX got right on my ass and tailgated me the whole way. I just floored it, he floored it, and left him in the dust.

Do these people like to be humiliated or what ? :rofl:

What's the point of seeing how fast an 05 GTO goes when it gets
out of your sight range :lol:

·
Registered
73 Posts
i have a 2004 i get the same thing. they also tell they have a friend who can beat me :eek: . i am getting sick and tired of these rice-racers down shifting when i am trying to go somewhere. :rofl: :rolleyes:

just wait till my warranty runs out !!!!!

i will be the rice-inator

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they also tell they have a friend who can beat me...

Oh yeah, I've heard that one from everyone here. My friend can beat you, he has a T4 turbo Dominic, Cold Air Intake and a NoS Fogger ;)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Dont forget the kraut mobiles!! I was gettin on the turnpike headin north out of Miami, had a modded Audi A4 (all show, no go) ridin me up the ramp. Soon as I hit open road I punched it in 3rd, didn't shift till 100mph, he was SO FAR in my rearview after that the joke was on HIM!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think I have everyone beat. I was driving tonight and a guy in a old Ford pickup WITH A CAMPER tried to race me. It really is the end of the world.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
drowssap said:
I think I have everyone beat. I was driving tonight and a guy in a old Ford pickup WITH A CAMPER tried to race me. It really is the end of the world.
OMG! I topped that! I had a Greyhound Bus wanting to race me :rofl:

Man I have 350z's that back down. They say No Way!

But Mini Vans with NASCAR stickers is what you have to watch out for! :willy:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Not near as many as wanted to run the 02 V6 camaro (with dual pipes.. it looked fast lol)... they seem to want to until they hear the goat rumble beside them, or when they get to hear and see just a little of 1st gear at a light... they tend to turn off before the next light...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Has any one had the cops try to race them? I was so fast that they couldn't keep up........ :lol: LOL

Just kidding.....

I had a Mustang try to race me but I am a little more responsible in heavy traffic I gave him a slight squeel of the tires off the light. He started running up peoples a$$es and then going in and out of traffic cutting people off. It was kinda scary to watch.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The best part is when I got a ticket from finally succumbing to another young kid wanting to race me (this one in a Jetta VR6), and as part of my sentence, I had to take a driver retraining course. I'm sitting there, wasting 4 hours of my life in this absolutely rediculous class, and we each had to recite our various "crimes" and why we were there. I stated that I recently bought this really fast car and everyone was always trying to race me, and I ended up getting busted going 110 in it. At the end of the class, 3 of these numbnut ricers came up and wanted to know what this "fast car" was that I had. When I told them, two of them gave props, and respect that 400 hp can give you. The 3rd numbnut was rambling on about how he smoked an 04 in his Neon Turbo. I just yawned and sniffed like Barney Fife and said, "well maybe they didn't know they were racing you, cuz there ain't no way a Neon, I don't care how much boost or nitro you got, is gonna go both 0-60 is less than 5 seconds, and snap your head back all the way to 160 mph".....then I smiled and walked out of the class with my little safe driver diploma.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thoughts on Ricers

Gave the goat a much needed bath, and of course that means time for a cruise.

OK - now that I am almost 40, I think this is not that bad of a car for me to have. Now if I were still in my 20's, I would be in trouble.

I went down 66 from rockwall, down centerville to the other side of 635, then back 635 to 30 to the rock. Not another goat in sight.

However I did see a Grand national with a torn up front left quarter, a great 66 stang, A pristine red (69?) camero followed me a bit, and I cruised back down 30 with a 72ish stingray.

Along the way, I tripped over some 4 solidly -over the top- ricers. Something I noticed is consistant with all of them......

1) Most of these cars are beat to hell. I mean really beat - Like they have hit more than their fair share of objects. One car had a front left tire angled in at about 10 degrees - tag that curb kinda hard there? (he also did not have a hood....)

2) The foundation of the car is something made before 1997, and probably purchaced for under $1,000.

3) I guess it is mandated that ricers have a tach the size of a high school wall clock, and screw it to the dashboard over the radio.

4) they have a big 4" exhaust tip - guess that makes up for the 3/4" pipe attaching to the exhaust tip. (do they put a moose hunting call in there?)

5) they all 4 wanted to race in slow moving traffic, on a 40mph street - - both in Rowlett, and one even IN GARLAND!

6) it was what 102 today, and all four had their windows down.....can't afford to fix that A/C?

7) some of the body parts were obviously from Home Depot....eg. raingutter ground effects, and construction fabiric.

8) Stickers all over the car including some silly chinese or japanese letter thingy - - some Oriental probably spelled out "Stupid Round-Eye" and sold it to the kids.

9) almost forgot that big ass NASA designed wing to keep the back in down at 50mph.

And lastly.....

10) RATTLE CAN PAINT JOBS

Now, again, I am not a big racer, but I just like knowing that I can take down almost whomever I want.....and only, and I mean only, when I choose. Kind of like having a hydrogen bomb in your arsenal.

I also like knowing that my car is going to be as pristine in 5 years as it is now.

So, till next time, I will just be cruisin along, giving the high strung, wound up, steamed rice a smile that kinda says up yours, and maybejust maybe, if I need to do some venting, I just might wiggle my little toe and show them what a real car is made of.

sorry for venting.

"there is no replacement for displacement"

·
Registered
160 Posts
heh, I know where you're coming from.

Sometimes I wish I could somehow be guaranteed there would be no cops around - just to show a young punk what a real car can do.

All the stickers and clad on crap don't change the fact that you're driving a 1.2 liter rice burner that MAY break 16 in a 1/4 mile (assuming it doesn't break in 1/2 during the launch).

I have also always laughed at the 4" exhaust tips on these cars. Do these people have any idea how gases flow? Can you exhale fast when you shout through a bullhorn? And, the LOUD tinny exhaust - don't get me started - lol. "High flow exhaust - now I'm at 90 RWHP".

When you see a car like that, ask them where they put the batteries - lol.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I get BMW morons chasing me in rush hour traffic at 80mph all the time...ricers ride my bumber..then think we will start racing at 70mph..idiots!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cmon guys, Ricers are funny, but they are not all slow. The SRT's are a fellow american car. Maybe instead of ricers, we can be cornbread or whiskeyshots. Lol. I like the GTO. I would love to play with one of you guys on the freeway or a big long (copless) road here in the Bay area. As far as the "No NEON will ever be able to hang" with one of you, cmon, that's just a dumb statement. Your 05's are sweet. I'm glad they added the HP & the hood scoops. I would still love to see something to define it just a little more.
Oh, & for the first post guy, the 300z is a 6 banger. Lol.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Well said SRT4, you're a muscle car brother, just with fewer cylinders! Let's not forget there's a turbocharged beast out there made by Porsche that can stomp us all by a full second 0-60! I came up next to a GT2 Turbo the other day and just bowed my head to the gal driving it out of respect.

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
ftlfirefighter said:
Well said SRT4, you're a muscle car brother, just with fewer cylinders! Let's not forget there's a turbocharged beast out there made by Porsche that can stomp us all by a full second 0-60! I came up next to a GT2 Turbo the other day and just bowed my head to the gal driving it out of respect.
Actually it's less than a full second (3.98 compared to 4.7). Well, that's for the 2002 GT2. Yeah it would be kind of foolish to run a 462 hp, 3175 lb, 196 mph top speed bullet like the GT2. But for $175,000 the performance isn't that impressive. Well to me it's not.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Man I couldn't believe this. I had some Ricer and do I mean RICER! He had this Caviler (well USA car riced out) with a massive wing on the back and twin fart cans. Top this with a Tachometer so large, it was confusing my shift points ;) Oh man did he just get next to me and floor it. I give my car a little gas to catch up and pass him. Then he just keeps flooring and passes by watching his tach like a Pro Rice Racer. Now do these fools actually read about other cars performance stats ? But wait, this is the best part. He yells to me out the window, "nice grand prix!". :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts