Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have production numbers, and what do you think on the collectibility (is that a word?) 20 years from now. :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
The "official" word is 18,000 per year, but who knows what will happen with the supply chain problems that they have.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've heard it as low as 4000 units sold so far. I believe it's going to be scary low. For GM that is sad but for me, as a 2004 owner, I'm happy. The fewer sold the better for me. I like the fact that since I've bought my GTO I've seen four Ferrari 360 Modenas. Anybody care to guess how many other 2004 GTO's I've seen on the road? I'll give you a hint, they are good glazed and with a cup of coffee.

·
Registered
38 Posts
1COOLPC said:
I've heard it as low as 4000 units sold so far. I believe it's going to be scary low.
---If I were a betting man ... and if the 2005 GTO comes through with the hood scoops (etc), I would bet that your 2004 GTO will be reminiscent of the 1964 GTO. By that, I mean ... being more rare, and likely sought after! :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
my pontiac dealer told me that holden is behind in production, gm was calling for 18000
units for 04. right now he says they done 10000 with about 5000 on the ground in the US. the last 800 are to be special orange paint, to close out 04 prod. sep is the tenative start for 05 models.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Unfortunately - due to a lack of advertising, dealer gouging and general screw ups supplying cars to the proper people (my pre order was agonizing) - total sales/production will not exceed 10-11K. Production is now shifting over to 05's.

Last report out of GM was that the deliveries to customers was about 3,700 (as of end of June). The average sales is about 600 a month. The July figures should be out any day.

Holden was not the problem - they could have completed the full lot - GM just couldn't rev up the interest, especially with dealer gouging.

·
Registered
135 Posts
5k-10k is where the numbers will land. It's mainly due to bad logistics on GM's part and bad dealers pricing models. Also production got started late and ramped up slow. Once things got going Holden was able to meet demand.

I think things will settle out and 18k year for the next 2 years is realistic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts