Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy at the dealership told me $3300 but I know someone on the forum told me $800 to $1000. What is the actual price that this is supposed to cost. I'm trying to save up the cash to do it soon. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
sixpackrt said:
The guy at the dealership told me $3300 but I know someone on the forum told me $800 to $1000. What is the actual price that this is supposed to cost. I'm trying to save up the cash to do it soon. Any help would be great.
If it's an 05 I can sell you one around $1600.00 - $1760.00 depends on color... 04's are 549.00 + shipping... :cheers

·
Registered
59 Posts
GTODEALER said:
If it's an 05 I can sell you one around $1600.00 - $1760.00 depends on color... 04's are 549.00 + shipping... :cheers

Why are the 04's so inexpensive? What's included? What's excluded? What would the shipping costs be? Last, Where would i go to find some pics? Am I asking too many questions? :confused

·
Registered
386 Posts
DaveGesp said:
Why are the 04's so inexpensive? What's included? What's excluded? What would the shipping costs be? Last, Where would i go to find some pics? Am I asking too many questions? :confused
The '04 SAP is only the hood, spoiler, and grills. But at $549 it's either only the hood or only the grills and spoiler. The '05 SAP includes everything above plus the side skirts and front & rear bumper extensions.

For pics, see this thread...
http://www.gtoforum.com/showthread.php?t=918&highlight=autocross

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Actually the 04 sap is hood, grilles, and spoiler, and yes at $549 its all three!! I sell the front bumper extension at the same cost as Fred Beans (339), right now I'm out of stock on the 04 sap's however I believe for $50 more Fred Beans will sell you one... Dave Gesp call me or send me an email and we will go over some stuff!
[email protected]
:cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, thanks. I have no idea how to install any of this stuff so I was just going to see if the dealership could do it.

Actually, I think GTOFreak was right about how the skirting hangs lower and everything. Is the front and the back lower or is it just the sides? If I was just to get the front and back done would the car seem misproportioned somehow?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Go Get One........Now

I just bought mine at Fred Beans from Gene because I could pick it up on my way through PA to NY from a meeting. Everything fitted in the back of a Ford Windstar (with all the seats taken out of the back).

IT LOOKS INCREDIBLE!!!!!! I LOVE IT. The car looks awesome with it on. Go get one today. :party:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can you get the sport appearance package and keep the original pipes on the back? I like the two fat ones better than the four skinny ones I think...

Also, does anyone have any good pictures of a black 2005 with the SAP? I mean, aside from the ones on the pontiac website.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
The duel pipes coming from the back are designed to be with the rear facia that came stock. If you want to keep that look than I would pass on the SAP rear facia. Or, modify the SAP rear facia to accommodate the stock exhausts, but I don't know if the exits will line up with the cut outs for the duel duels that are on the SAP facia......The 3-1/2" ports are really nice and look fantastic, however the 3" ports that come with the SAP isn't that small. Pictures don't accurately show the true dimensions of it.......The trade off on the SAP duel duels are the sound. It is night and day different than the stock mufflers. The SAP exhaust sound like the old cherry bombs of the 70's. It's louder and deeper than the stock exhaust. And the sound of the stock exhausts are incredible anyway. You can delete portions of the kit. It's all a matter of personal taste.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Silver..... it does not sound like glass packs.... Wait till ya hear it... you'll be floored..... I was. I didn't think it could sound better than the duels that came stock.....I have to admitt one thing tho....yesterday I got behind a 70 GTO and that sounded like..... WOW. This is damn close to that.

·
Registered
123 Posts
To answer original question...

Got this off of gmpartsdirect.com. Some of the sponsors on this forum may be able to do better, but I'm only speculating. number is part number.

17801013 Sport Appearance Package Primed Finish, includes right and left hand rocker moulding, front extention, rear extention, deep sounding performance exhaust system and two chrome dual exhaust tips (Base vehicle contains single dual exhaust pipes)
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $2,142.85
OUR PRICE: $1,500.00

17801014 Sport Appearance Package Torrid Red, includes right and left hand rocker moulding, front extention, rear extention, deep sounding performance exhaust system and two chrome dual exhaust tips (Base vehicle contains single dual exhaust pipes)
GM LIST: $2,371.42
OUR PRICE: $1,660.00

17801015 Sport Appearance Package Phantom Black, includes right and left hand rocker moulding, front extention, rear extention, deep sounding performance exhaust system and two chrome dual exhaust tips (Base vehicle contains single dual exhaust pipes)

17801016 Sport Appearance Package Quicksilver Metallic, includes right and left hand rocker moulding, front extention, rear extention, deep sounding performance exhaust system and two chrome dual exhaust tips (Base vehicle contains single dual exhaust pipes)

This does not include installation or shipping.

Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
I purchased mine and had it installed for 2513.00 total. When I was originally looking I was thinking of going with Cyclone gray. When I negotiated about the SAP I was informed that if the kit came in primed the dealer wanted an additional 1800 to paint it. And, I was informed that although the car is new and all, they could not guarantee an exact match of paint although it would be as close as possible. I thought man... for 1800 to paint it.... Ill go with the Quicksilver. I wasn't gonna spend over 4K for it. Also, there is nothing like a factory paint job. They did show me the list price of 3300.00 for it. So I had to dicker. Every dealer charges different prices. I remember the old days when ya ordered one from factory it came with what ya wanted. Dealer installed options makes it more $$$$.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.