Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what everyone has been paying to get their car tuned? The one price I recieved was $400. Is this typical?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
$150 here, but it's always been with Mods. installed too so there was a discount. $400 is on the high side for sure.

·
Super Moderator
2,639 Posts
Damn maybe i've heard wrong about the $200.
Maybe you did hear that. Some tune cars as a side thing to make a little cash so maybe they don't charge as much. Maybe they don't tune for more than an hour or so either. Someone trying to run a business understandably will charge more based on the average fee compared to other businesses (tuners). I've seen fees as high as $600 and as low as $100.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I was wondering what everyone has been paying to get their car tuned? The one price I recieved was $400. Is this typical?
For a full Dyno Tune. 400.00 is a average price. My shop gave me a lifetime Dyno tune for 500.00. It already has paid for itself becasue my car has been tuned 3 times for different mods and I am not through yet

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Andrew will tune for like $200 I think. He lives near you. From what I hear, nothing but great things about him

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
$300 here for a full dyno tune with 3 pulls the first time around. Once you are a customer of theirs and in their system with your custom tune saved in their computer, you can return for a new tune (i.e. you get more mods since the last tune) for $75.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This really depends on the mechanic, the car and the store. I had my Pontiac Firebird tuned-up las month and it cost me $200-250. But if you want your car to perform well, you need to invest on that one. Tuning up is just once in a while.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts