Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
i havent got one yet... but will have one sooooon. 4500 to your door, for the complete h.o kit. but if your looking at the 05 gto, it wont fit plus the new gto has almost 11 to 1 compression.

·
Registered
267 Posts
as you increase compression it makes it harder, because of higher cyl head pressures.but.... 10 years ago, if you told me people were supercharging 10 to 1 motors on pump gas i would have called you crazy.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh so you dont think there isnt going to be anyway to get a supercharger bolted on the 05 Goats? If i get one i plan on getting the slp headers/cats/loudmouth exhasut. and the kandn. lets just say the 05gto runs the 1/4 mile in 13.0. which i think is close. how many tenths would that give me. also if i had those mods would a predator programmer do much? sorry for all of the questions. :cool

·
Registered
267 Posts
no...i said,the compression was up, the engine has reconfigurated sensors at the front of the motor...no one has a 05 to test fit, so i am just speculating it wouldnt be a direct fit?? maybe it is, with a larger pulley[to make less boost pressure]and a different tune??

·
Registered
84 Posts
Compression shouldn't be an issue...development for GTO will stem from systems made for the C6 vettes which have the same engine (LS2).

·
Registered
267 Posts
Snafu said:
Compression shouldn't be an issue...development for GTO will stem from systems made for the C6 vettes which have the same engine (LS2).
regardless, if its a vette or a gto the compession does present a problem, in a perfect world you wouldnt s/c a 11to 1 motor on pump gas, but... they wouldnt sell to manny s/c if everybody had to cc there heads or buy different pistons

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.