Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know these engines, and cars for that matter are built to "go" however I want to ensure a good life for my goat while opening her up at times. My wife drives this car to and from work everyday (5 miles roundtrip) and I drive it when I get home to run errands. My question to everyone is how do you drive your GTO? This would be my first muscle car as I had a Suburban and then a Silverado before this car and while I drive it like a grandma 85% of the time I also love stop lights. Any thoughts and stories are much appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I grew up with muscle cars and guaranteed if you consistently beat on them they will fail prematurely. Normally, in my experience, the engine can usually take it as long as you don't over-rev and you maintain it properly. The rest of the car usually starts breaking down first. For example... U-Joints, Trans and Axle. I don't drive mine like an old lady but I do give it a good workout. That exhaust is music to my ears. I don't even use the radio unless it's raining, I prefer the sound of all eight cylinders anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.