Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am still looking for a 2005 Gto and I found one listed for 26,200 and I heard that with Tax-title-and registration can be like up to 3,000 dollars on top of the price. As you can tell this is my first time buying a new car and If any of you have any advice on buying a new GTO than let me know because it helps a lot. I also want to know how much you might have talked your dealer down to in price of the car because I have seen some outrageous prices. Just trying to get the most info I can so I don't get screwed.

Thanks,

·
Registered
273 Posts
Ok, I am still looking for a 2005 Gto and I found one listed for 26,200 and I heard that with Tax-title-and registration can be like up to 3,000 dollars on top of the price. As you can tell this is my first time buying a new car and If any of you have any advice on buying a new GTO than let me know because it helps a lot. I also want to know how much you might have talked your dealer down to in price of the car because I have seen some outrageous prices. Just trying to get the most info I can so I don't get screwed.

Thanks,
143.for new plates, 55. for doc. 65. is the norm for title I went to my own bank so that was waived and tax is what ever the sales tax wher you live I paid 6.5% witch turned into 1979.

·
Registered
275 Posts
car buying

well i paid 33,200 out the door but before all that good stuff tax, title, lis, doc, fee and oh ya the gas guzzling tax were i live the car was 29,300 but that was brand new so i think i got a good deal in my eyes i think if the car is 26,000 u should be able to get 2,000-3,000 off the sticker just play the haggle game or if your paying cash just tell them u will give him 22,500 cash out the door if they don't take that say ok bye bye and thaey will stop u before u walk out trust me let us know how it goes :cool

·
Registered
123 Posts

Thanks,

Best bet is find one from a private party and pay no taxes.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just don't get caught doing that. Maybe some states don't charge sales tax on used cars, but not here.
You mean private parties have to charge tax where you are? That sounds strange!

I mean a car dealer still has to charge sales tax on their used cars, but if I sell my car to someone I do not have the same responsibility. It's a private transaction between private parties, no tax.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i think over a certain dollar ammount you have to report it and pay taxes. like buying stuff over the internet- it's YOUR responsibility to pay the tax, not the seller's responsibility to charge it. Obviously they're not actively looking for stuff like that, but it might come up if you were unlucky enough to get audited.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.