Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yes opinions plz..and then ill tell you how much this person is askin

oh and extra details, he says "I HAVE A 400 MOTOR WITH 400 TRANS THEY ARNT #'S MATCHING BUT ITS WAT CAME IN IT. HAS THE SEATS NO CARPET ,,AC CAR,, POWER BRAKES THE FRAME IS STRAIGHT "

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
on a side note im suppose to be getting a few more pics of the damage that are closer in hte morning

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Honestly unless it's for parts I'd find a better car to restore, you'll be money ahead IMO. I just don't see much to save here so I'd say scrap value + usable/saleable parts maybe $800?

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'm with Eric...there are some desirable option parts there, especially if any of the A/C and hideaway parts are still there. $1000 to $1200, it the A/C core support is solid and all A/C brackets and pulleys are there.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Plus the front bumper assembly is worth some bucks, buckets even tho they need to be redone. The dash would be worth some money(even tho it needs to be completely refurbished) too if the plastic bar that goes across the radio hasn't been removed. Although, it looks like an aftermarket radio which means the bar is probably gone.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the guy is sadly asking 1300...i was thinking of offering 400 and staying with that...if he actually goes for it i was thinking of using this as a practice vehicle to get my body shop skills back up to par since its probably been 10 or so years since i even touched any body tools...this car wont be any sort of major resto job but more like a mess around and beat it car.

still waiting on the additional pics he was suppose to send, and once i get them ill postem up.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Looking at the third picture, the one showing the driver's side door and A-pillar, I don't think anyone is going to be driving that car ever again. Not safely, anyway. Less than $1000 is probably OK, this is definitely a parts car. Sad...
Jeff

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
:agree For $1300 he's definetly fishing. I'd walk away. $800 was my guess on what he was asking but I'd never pay that for this car. As others have said it may have $1300 in parts left on it but you'll have to go through the process of tearing it down and listing the individual parts for sale. At $1300 there is just not much meat left on the bone.

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
I agree with all of you guys, except my number is a low. I'd give about $400 so that I could make some $$ on the parts. Not a candidate for a resto in my opinion: It would cost 60k to end up with a 15k car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i never got the other pictures he was suppose to send... so i sent him a text and offered 400...i doubt ill hear anything back. and it is sad the damage it has, as i looked at the floor boards when i zooomed in on the pics i got they looked solid..left qtr looked like it needed replaced as i saw sum rust holes it looked like next to the trunk lid...but oh well theres always more cars

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
i would be more worried about the frame with a broadside hit like that, A pillar is moved in, firewall is probably kinked. :agree with GeeTee 4-500 and make a few bucks on the parts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if anything theres 2 i saw online, ones a tempest and another a gto that need front ends and possibly a driveline? so i would just snag the front end off and metal junk the rest of this one...but, as i predicted so far havent heard word back from the guy yet...its been only a day though so who knows

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so i got a response from the guy and i quote " the bottom dollar is 800 i hate to let it go for that it is a classic muscle car"

ya a classic wrecked muscle car

1 - 15 of 15 Posts