Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious. Had mine for a month, and have only seen one other. MBM, and the guy driving looked to be 15 years older than me.

Did see a new Roush Mustang also the other week; that guy was old as dirt too.

Wait a minute, I'm old as dirt. These guys were older than dirt.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I do see 'em, but not every day. There's at least one other guy in town with an Impulse Blue like mine. The few times I've spotted another GTO while driving, we invariably wave at each other. When I had my '01 Corvette, I saw myself coming and going. I see lots of C6s, too. Goats are much rarer, even in metro Phoenix where dry-weather cars like these are perfect.

·
Registered
142 Posts
This very topic is one on the main reasons I love my GTO, hardley ever see em. I know this forum has beat this topic to death, but I love the fact that you don't see them at every stop light. Where I live, I see one maybe once every three or four months and hardley ever in the winter.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I love owing a vehicle that not everyone and there mother owns it kind of gives you that mysterious factor. On the other hand because no one owns them GM wont make anymore and this sucks for us in the long run. This is not a rare ferrari that will keep its value over time its a mass produced american car that will depreciate like mad like all the rest.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Haven't seen one since i got mine. Wed the 15th. I saw one before coming out of MacDill AFB. I know they have get togethers and I guess I'll see them then. Heading to Jacksonville Fl tomorrow. We'll see what I run into:seeya:

·
Registered
142 Posts
lotaguts said:
I love owing a vehicle that not everyone and there mother owns it kind of gives you that mysterious factor. On the other hand because no one owns them GM wont make anymore and this sucks for us in the long run. This is not a rare ferrari that will keep its value over time its a mass produced american car that will depreciate like mad like all the rest.
Patience, I think the GTO will begin to show signs of slight appreciation, not necessarily from what we paid for it, but appreciation from their current value. I also think that with the GTO going into a limbo mode for the next few years will add to the appreciation. This is probably more geared towards the goats that are in the garage more, example; keeping them out of the rain and snow to keep them newer looking with no under carriage rust.
I bought a 1980 Corvette new, kept it for over four years, only had 3000 miles on it and sold it exactly for the same price because it was in mint condition. Since there are fewer GTO's than vettes, that could help our cause.

·
Registered
182 Posts
A day doesn't go by here in orlando and I do not see a GTO. It's like they are rare everywhere else except here:confused

Went to the movies, came out and there was a 05 MBM parked next to me. Driving into work I see at least 2 GTO's on the way every day!! Go to walmart and I see a yellow 04. Just realized my neighbor down the street has an 05 Torrid Red.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Since they came out in 04, I would say I see on average, one a month. Around here (Columbus, OH area) they are very rare. The local dealers know it too.....
Had to go to Akron to get mine. I just hope the rarity of the GTO doesn't kill the aftermarket for it, such as simple maintenance parts, like brakes and suspension. Who knows, it's too early to tell what anyone will do......:D

·
Registered
850 Posts
Ironmancan said:
Haven't seen one since i got mine. Wed the 15th. I saw one before coming out of MacDill AFB. I know they have get togethers and I guess I'll see them then. Heading to Jacksonville Fl tomorrow. We'll see what I run into:seeya:
Ironmancan!!!! WOOHOO!!!! Coming to "J-ville!" Looking forward to meeting you! Unfortunately, you don't see many goats this way. I see them here at the dealership and occassionally on the road...maybe you'll bring us luck!!!!:D

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I guess it does matter where you are. The warmer the climate, the more GTO's.

Other than the dealer lots, I've only seen 2, one around Thanksgiving in Staunton, VA, and the one I mentioned in my thread starter.

Kinda strange. Still one at dealer in Harrisonburg, and notice one in Orange, VA at dealer lot Saturday, but very few on the road.

I'm wondering if in my area, it's only the old geezers buying them tho- - -

·
Registered
146 Posts
I bought mine back in October and I have only seen 5 different ones (Houston area). 1 05 black, 1 06 black, 2 05 midnight blue and 1 04 torried red. Since our cars are rare I think it makes it harder to find people to run. Not many people know what a GTO is.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.