Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone i would like to say hi, long time reader 1st time registering. Um a few months ago i saw a thread about installing HID's for a 2004 GTO and i've searched but i can't find it anymore! can someone help me out? Or if anyone could tell me of a good shop to get it installed in Ventura County Ca? thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
http://www.xenonking.com/installation.htm

The only thing to add is you need to cut a 3/4" hole in the dust covers to feed the wires through. Some people tape, others silicone around the hole. I used a rubber grommet from the hardware store.

It is plug and play so no wire cutting. If you remove the battery and air box it's very simple. Some people got them in there without removing, but it would be very tight. Others remove the front bumper cover which is what I did, but after seeing how much faster it would be to remove the battery and air filter I'd recommend that way.

Jody

·
Registered
94 Posts
sutliffhl21 said:
you would think that since its a european car, that it would already have them in
Not European, it's Australian. Besides, the factory halogens are brighter at night than the HID's anyway; I swapped back to stock and sold the HID's.

Jody

·
Registered
115 Posts
camcojb said:
Not European, it's Australian. Besides, the factory halogens are brighter at night than the HID's anyway; I swapped back to stock and sold the HID's.

Jody
actually if u take h11s which are the high beams first remove one of thetabs and install them inplace of the h9s low beams itll be brighter. then get 9005s and install them inplace of ur fog lights. this is what the australians did on the moranos.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.