Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried without success to upload a pic of my GTO - how are we supposed to do that. I think it complained about the size, but my pic was only 40K and it said I was over by 37.4K.

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
To place pictures in your post you can use a (free) Picture Host. Upload your picture to the host, after uploading, the host will furnish you with a URL. To place that pic in your post select the icon in the toolbar on the posting page that has a yellow background with a mountain peak and what appears to be a sun in the sky. It is the 6th icon from the right. You will have a window open with a place to add the URL. Now copy the URL from the pic host and paste it in that area. Select OK, you will see HTML code at the beginning and end of the URL. When you select "Submit Reply" the picture will appear in your post. Use the same method for your signature.

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
Now if you want to center the pic, highlight the url, right click and select CUT. Then select the rich text editor icon for center which is the 5th from the left. Paste your URL to the area and select OK.

The URL should look like this less the *'s.

[*CENTER*][*IMG*]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-10/860258/GTO007a.jpg[*/IMG*][*/CENTER*]

Try to keep the pic size under 500 pixels wide, larger will distort the thread. The below picture is 300X225.

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
Select "Gallery" above and upload your pictures there, this will add a "My GTO photos" link under your avatar.

In the gallery, if you don't see a upload pictures link, log out and then log on.

B

·
0 Posts
707GTOLS2 said:
sorry Randy but where do I go after that???
on the right side of the screen, look under where it says Log Out and you will see a link for "upload photos".

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have uploaded pics 3 times now seems to work then I get message no more pics found click here to return but no album and no my pictures under signature. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, don’t see any other options. I know what it is I don’t know what I’m doing!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
After you browse through your computer and find the pictures to upload, did you click on the upload/submit link at the bottom of the page? All photos are moderated and will only appear after a moderator approves the photos.

Try it again or e-mail the pics to me, I believe you have my e-mail addy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts