Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I did a search and didn't find the answers so......I have a new to me 70 GTO that was polished and then not cleaned up. There is compound splattered in between the doors and fenders and between the fresh air vents on the hood. Of course the hood is visible all the time and looks the worst. Also some between the hood and fenders and splattered into the engine bay. The big question is what is the best way to remove this stubborn stuff?
Marc

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
You need to get it wet again, rehydrate it. I would spray it with distilled water and soak it, and work on it with a soft bristled paint brush. Keep it wet and soaked. Once that stuff dries out and sets, it's like plaster! Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
:agree .. and you can also use wet-Q-tips for the hard to reach spots.

Make yourself a solution of 50-50 Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol and water in a spray bottle and work a small area at time. That'll help cut it. That solution will also remove wax so once you've got it all clean, treat it to a fresh coat.

Bear

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the info. I get it home on Thursday night so I'll give it a try then. I figured it would be a pain in the rear!!

Marc:cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts