Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, there both holden commodores, you may be familiar with the name. The silver one is a commodore SS, pretty much the entry-level V8 4 door sedan equipped with an LS1. The next one which is the black commodore is called a commodore SV8, bit lighter than the SS, but these dident sell well at all, so they discontinued last year. Then we have HSV (holden special vehicles) which you also may hav heard of. These are performance bred cars from the group up and feature more sportier looking body kits and bigger engines like the LS6, LS2 and so forth. Its basically what SVT is to ford. The monaro itself is actually HOLDEN, not HSV so as not to be confused. However, HSV have monaros, but are powered by LS2's (instead of LS1's) and are called "HSV coupes"
CHEERS :cheers
Sam

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've been to Brisbane, Australia and even though I didn't see very many Monaros, I saw a lot of nice Commodores and Caprices. Very nice cars down under! Hey "Aussie", where can I get more videos like that? I love those Holdens!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
HoldenGTO said:
I've been to Brisbane, Australia and even though I didn't see very many Monaros, I saw a lot of nice Commodores and Caprices. Very nice cars down under! Hey "Aussie", where can I get more videos like that? I love those Holdens!
hahah yeah mate i live in brisbane, not a bad city, but sydney is better! In the meantime heres a look at the worlds fastest monaro. Check out the video too, not best quality and not overly exciting but i will post up more awesome videos soon.

***this is only step 2 (of 4) in the project monaro series and they are already running a 10.2 and have the record for fastest monaro in the world, theyre aiming for a low 9 - high 8 second pass within the next 6 months***

VIDEO----- http://www.vyssute.com/downloads/chipmaster/10.22.MPG
------VIDEO

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
There's an STS equiped GTO, with the 455 package that's got around 800 horses. I don't know what times it's produced, but it was modded at MTI in Houston. Anyone have more info on it?

·
Registered
172 Posts
have heard alot about the sts system have any links to a site would like to learn more.. still in the air about a supercharger system still not sure what company to go with.

·
Registered
169 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts