Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm already looking into getting rid of the stock tires for some S-03's or maybe corsa's.

Interested in going 255/40/18, is this possible? I plan on rolling the fenders if need be.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm getting 265x35x18s this week. The tires are Bridgestone 050s. From what I'm reading...sounds like it depends on edge profile of the tire. If the tire is round it should fit...if its square it might not. There is some guy on the ls1gto forum renting a fender roller for $40.00. Seems like an easy process.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TrprBoone said:
I have 255/40/18 on my 04 GTO. My wheels are Zenetti, not stock. this size of tire fits pretty well. It will occassionally rub in the rear if I hit a big bump. Hope this helps.

did you roll your fenders in the rear? What is the offset of your wheels?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rippinbyu said:
I'm getting 265x35x18s this week. The tires are Bridgestone 050s. From what I'm reading...sounds like it depends on edge profile of the tire. If the tire is round it should fit...if its square it might not. There is some guy on the ls1gto forum renting a fender roller for $40.00. Seems like an easy process.

Yea, i've got a buddy who runs a shop out here that has a roller.

Are you putting 265's on the stock wheel?

·
Registered
84 Posts
HotRodGuy said:
Yea, i've got a buddy who runs a shop out here that has a roller.

Are you putting 265's on the stock wheel?
Yes...there going on the stock 18x8 wheel. I'm hoping I will not have to roll the fender lip. I will if needed though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
MeanGoat said:
Gotcha. Thanks and appreciate it.

I'm interested in going with wider tires also and came across it a few times. If someone wants to tell me the widest they've gone that would be great
I have 275/40/18's on a Grand Prix. I know it isn't the same car, but if 275's can go on a Prix, I'm pretty comfortable that they will go on a GTO.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rippinbyu said:
Yes...there going on the stock 18x8 wheel. I'm hoping I will not have to roll the fender lip. I will if needed though.

any updates?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.