Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ran into a neighbor who has a 70' 242 GTO ready for body and paint with all the judge trim, clean interior, all hotchkis suspension, nice running non matching 455, has over 20K into it and from the looks just needs smoothing and color, said he has a number in mind of 12K....what do you guys think, after body and paint i could be under 15 invested for a REAL GTO (judge clone)....to go with my fake one.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Saw him coming down the road and flagged him down, never knew he had one. Its in epoxy primer now, all metal is welded in and blocked down. car looks clean and sounded good, told him give me a month and let me slow down with work and i would come down and give it the once over. Has over 20K in it already (we know how that goes). Would do final body and paint myself so i would be in for a few grand on that. Also have 89' Mustang i picked up for scrap money i will be putting together this winter for some track fun next year, perfect frame ,10 point roll cage ,all interior , just needs two fenders and a quarter (amazed at how cheap parts are....LOL), already have everything on shelves for the roller so all i need to get for that is a motor....hows a 463 Pontiac powered Mustang sound...LOL

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
will do Flambeau may try and get over there next weekend to take a closer look, get the vin #'s for PHS and drive...always liked the muscular look of the 70' body and since an early 70's firebird is proving hard to find i might take a stab at this one. Funny as much work as it is i am itching do another one and sounds like most of the mechanicals are done on this one (with premium parts) and its running and driving, it may be just the ticket. And darnit now i will have to build that pole barn with 12' ceilings ...:D

Rukee, a bunch of my buddies are fox body guys and all they do is talk smack yet not a one of them has had a car go down the track (or road) in the last 3 years....LOL. I am half tempted to do it, i have it on the stand and they make some nice solid mount set-ups for the Mustang, bet it would nestle right in there. Picked up an alum. driveshaft along with an 9" 3.90 motion gear rear with front and back 5 lugs and disk conversion. Am only into the roller with all parts minus engine for 2K. Guess we will see how it comes together

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
I'm in love with the idea of a Pontiac-powered Mustang.... I can hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth now... :D

That 70 doesn't sound bad either, and I know you've got the skills to do it right..

Bear

1 - 8 of 8 Posts