Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone thought of modding their GTO to put in a Corvette HUD? I've got a buddy who owns a B-body, and he installed a Grand Prix HUD in his Caprice, and it worked out well. It looks stock and is just all-around cool if you like that sort of thing, which I do. The Vette HUDs won't easily convert to the old B-body PCMs (because it's a one-line unit), but I'm thinking they might to the GTO.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The first thing to check is for electronic compatibilty - will the Aussie-based GTO computer interface with electronics of a US-based Chevy HUD. Once you get past that hurdle you will have to deal with the mechanical installation. IMO, you have a high risk of not being electronically compatible and a high risk of the mechanical installation being a challenge for little value added. In fact, this might come back to bit you during resale.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I had considered those. I'm actually very surprised that HUD isn't being offered with this car yet, especially since Pontiac has been putting HUDs in cars longer than the Corvette has. Maybe we'll see it in late '05 or '06.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts