Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted Dealernut at the suggestion of a now-banned member here when I was getting the runaround with dealers in the SE Florida area. I was skeptical at first because he was 300 miles north of me and wasn't sure the trip would be worth it.

Boy was I wrong! The boys at Coggin really took care of me, even paying for me to rent a car to drive the 300 miles to Jacksonville so I could pick up my new car. They even had to do a dealership trade with another dealer in the area to get what I want and didn't charge me a cent for it. I got exactly what I wanted (black ext, red int, auto, 17s) and was at the dealership for 3 hours counting a 45 minute test drive. Most of the time was wasted with the finance guy trying to sell me insurance for my big toe (not Dealernut's fault at all).

I drove off the lot at about 6 PM last night and made the 170 mile treck to Tallahassee for xmas with zero incidents. It was comfortable, the stereo worked just fine, and I averaged (according to the dash) 19 mpg at 80 mph (too many holiday speed traps to really open it up).

The coolest thing was about two blocks away from the dealership, I see this red C5 hanging back at my 7 o'clock position. He came up quick, but then wouldn't pass. As I got stuck behind a SUV making a right turn, the C5 passed and the guy gave me a thumbs up. Way cool.

Now of course the family all want rides today and tomorrow. Think I should scare 'em?:willy:

Thanks again Dealernut and Coggin Pontiac in Jacksonville FL. They really went out of their way to take care of me and get me what I wanted at a price I am happy with.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hssaini said:
Congrats.........

Dealernut is kool. He is helping me with getting the VITAL CARD for my ride as well.

Rinku
That reminds me, I keep hearing about this "card", and when we were doing the test drive he said he was looking for a "card". What is it, where should it be, and why do I need it?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yep, I agree the guys at Coggin are great!
They also went out of their way to find and pickup the car I wanted, Cyclone Gray with auto.
Had 2 small warranty things, weatherstrip on pass door and sill plate on drivers door.
They ordered the parts and fixed it while I waited and even washed the car when they were done.:cheers

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Dealernut's very cool. He a huge asset to GTO Forum.

The "card" you are referring to is the one which contains your VIN, ignition key code, radio PIN, security code, glove box key code and engine ID number. I found mine in the plastic owner's manual pouch -- although others have found them in the trunk under the spare.

Fortunately, Dealernut knows how to get a replacement one for you. Make sure you get it and keep it in a safe place.

Enjoy your Christmas present! Get a real good coat of wax on it, check the tire pressures, make sure the floor mat anchors are not broken -- and have fun.

·
Registered
148 Posts
They list for $6.95ea., dealer will give them to you, should have come with the car.:cheers

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I took my vital card and paper clipped it to the window sticker. I put this in a file for the car. You need to keep the card for replacing the key. It has the code for that. You shouldn't keep it in the car though, if someone steals your car they can get keys and reuse the radio.
When I traded mine in I had that stuff to hand to the dealer. Makes it nice for the next owner.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
in_burrito said:
Alright, I found the card, it was in the trunk somewhere.

As to the floor mat anchors, I don't seem to have any. There is a hole in the floor mat, a hole in the floor, but no pin to connect the two.
I really appreciate the friendly words man, I personally love the car business and I try my damndest to get the "stigma" of the slicked hair car salesman out of the industry.

I am very glad that we were able to make it happen for you. Found the card? Good! I forgot once we got back from the test drive. I heard you saw another one of the employees here on the AR15 sight. Small world!!

I'll send the anchors your way today. Home address okay?

Again, thank you for the kind words gang. It seriously puts a huge grin on my face.:eek: :eek: :eek:

hssaini~ My GM rep is on vacation until the new year(having 2 months of vacation must be nice). Once he gets back i will send it your way sir.

P.S. Sorry about finance Rob. Those guys are persistent, but harmless. :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
dealernut said:
hssaini~ My GM rep is on vacation until the new year(having 2 months of vacation must be nice). Once he gets back i will send it your way sir.

You are the greatest.........Thanks for updating me. I appreciate that.

I didn't buy my car thru you but so far you have been more helpful than where i bought the car from.:cheers Drink up!

Are those floor anchors under warranty? I only got one and others were all gone when they probably cleaned the car for delivery. I surely don't want to pay to get them. Is this something you can mail under warranty? or any dealer in my area can provide for free?

Thanks again for all your assistance.

Rinku

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
hssaini said:
You are the greatest.........Thanks for updating me. I appreciate that.

I didn't buy my car thru you but so far you have been more helpful than where i bought the car from.:cheers Drink up!

Are those floor anchors under warranty? I only got one and others were all gone when they probably cleaned the car for delivery. I surely don't want to pay to get them. Is this something you can mail under warranty? or any dealer in my area can provide for free?

Thanks again for all your assistance.

Rinku
They should be able to provide them. If they can't then I will send them. Some dealerships don't know their exit hole from their elbow and it shows. I am just a car nut that LOVES cars and LOVES dealing/talking with people. I am not into the "lets rip this guys head off" mentality. I like making friends and customers for life. Its what I call a career salesmen. I have shown several guys here the "right way" to sell a car. Burrito dealt with my prodigy child. What I love is the salesmen that think they are hot **** becasue they sold a car for $4000 profit and made one paycheck. Then I show that same salesmen my paycheck which had 25 car sales on it and how I will sell all 25 of those customers another car in 6 months to a year.

Even with that salesmen don't look at the bigger piucture and how they really can make a decent living, make friends, play with brand new cars all day long and really live a stress free life. When you sell 15 to 20 cars in a domestic dealer, you live a very easy life. No one bothers you and there is little to no stress.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.