Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of you that live in the South that were affected by Hurricane Katrina, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your families! I wish all of you the best of luck and a speedy recovery, or as fast as mother nature allows you. Hopefully your Goats are okay and that they will be tearing up some dry pavement soon!
It's hard for me to watch the news as we get more and more info. about New Orleans and other cities and not do anything about it, so you can bet your ass that I have donated money to the Red Cross and plan on adding more in the next couple of weeks.
Here's to a speedy recovery! :cheers

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Phantom05 said:
For all of you that live in the South that were affected by Hurricane Katrina, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your families! I wish all of you the best of luck and a speedy recovery, or as fast as mother nature allows you. Hopefully your Goats are okay and that they will be tearing up some dry pavement soon!
It's hard for me to watch the news as we get more and more info. about New Orleans and other cities and not do anything about it, so you can bet your ass that I have donated money to the Red Cross and plan on adding more in the next couple of weeks.
Here's to a speedy recovery! :cheers
I agree with everything above and I've donated as well! :cheers

·
Registered
498 Posts
Those of us down here in south Florida have Nothing to complain about now! My power was out for 4 days after Katrina but after seeing the what happened to the Gulf coast we got off lucky! Almost my whole house has volunteered to go perform seach and rescue operations, our Capt is trying to decide how many of us he can spare. It's time to give back some of our good fortune to those that may never be able to go home again. Semper fi.

·
Registered
937 Posts
ftlfirefighter said:
Those of us down here in south Florida have Nothing to complain about now! My power was out for 4 days after Katrina but after seeing the what happened to the Gulf coast we got off lucky! Almost my whole house has volunteered to go perform seach and rescue operations, our Capt is trying to decide how many of us he can spare. It's time to give back some of our good fortune to those that may never be able to go home again. Semper fi.
Wow, it didnt even rain here, I cant believe your power was out that long. If you get to go, God Speed. Be safe.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Last year during Frances it was out for 7 days and it was ALOT hotter afterwards. I would have expired if it wassn't for the pool in back. Thanks JM, I'll say goodbye if I do. Will

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
Hurricane Katrina Relief Effort

Click on any of these to donate to the relief effort;

American Red Cross

America's Second Harvest

Care USA

Unicef USA

The Salvation Army

On behalf of GTOForum,

Thanks for your support!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Thanks Randy! And Will if you do go please be careful! I've seen some of the footage and it doesn't look very good... :cheers

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
My company is renting RV's and sending them down from the northeast. These will be used for volunteers from my company that will help with the cleanup and rebuild. If anybody knows of an available RV let me know. My company will pay for the use of it.
I might be heading that way on tuesday to aid in cleanup. My company will not send anyone till they are sure that we have a safe place for us, so that will be when I find out if we have enough RV's. Motor Homes (RV's) are nice because you can move people as needed.
We have moved or are moving 5 tractor trailers of plastic sheeting and 11 trucks of generators to the area. We have gotten most of those from the northeast. The owner is going to pay the employees of stores in the affected areas as if the stores were open. She doesn't want this to affect their pay. We are also moving any excess tractor trailers and flatbed trucks to the area to help in cleanup and rebuilding. This is at least a dozen trucks.
I have heard that GM and Nissan are both donating trucks to help in cleanup and rebuild efforts. Although the circumstances are horrible, it is great to see America pull together again.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I grew up in and around New Orleans...

In a city as proud as New Orleans, with so much history, I never thought I'd see the day where our Gov't would wait over 100 hours before mobilizing any relief.

I FIND THIS DISGRACEFUL..!

·
Registered
358 Posts
My dad and one of my good friends (they both work for Duke Power) are down there right now, trying to restore power to the towns and cities. The few hours they get to sleep at night they have to sleep in the truck because there are no rooms available. Please remember these people in your thoughts and prayers along with everyone else trying to help out down there!

Note: I too have given to the Red Cross and I encourage everyone to give, no matter how big or small. :cheers

·
Registered
590 Posts
My cousin's just crossed the Lake Ponchatrain bridge into the city.

Our race team got a trailer load of water from Sparkletts water and my two cousins headed for Baton Rouge yesterday.

This morning they got through and are now in New Orleans.

Their cell phones worked, while on the bridge - which surprised me.

Reason for the post, really, is they said the military convoys have reached the town and all soldiers they spoke with are emphatic that the "lawlessness stops today"

Of course my cousin's didn't leave without ample firepower, just in case.

:seeya:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts