Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a hurst wheel (14x6, 5x4.75 bolt pattern) for almost nothing. The problem is, the wheel must have laid in the mud for some time and some of the steel rim will need extensive welding and re-machining to fix. The aluminum insert is fine. My question is, does someone make the steel rim so that I could just swap it out and re-rivet?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
the outer rim will be of a specific profile (size & shape). This is where the JJ or JK stamping comes into play that is stamped after the wheel size on the the inner rim. there are only so many outer rim stampings, many were shared between different product lines. have over the years had a few very rare rims straightened, & have have had 14" centers swapped into a few 15x7 wheels to make clone JW-KR rallyII's.

been too long since have had an original Hurst wheel here. Am not sure of what 14x6 outer wheel stamping Hurst used, if had one setting, could compare its outer rim to other 14x6 wheels have in the stacks. If you have access to other original 14x6 wheels from the '60's, definitely would be worth examining.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts