·
Registered
400 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Justice said:
Does the kit include a new bushing for the rear crossmember? (The bushing below the insulator for the thunk-in-the-trunk tsb)

I'm not really sure :confused But I will capture it all on film when it gets here...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
malum in se said:
I'm ignorant - What will all that nice red stuff do? Will you update us all on how your ride is affected?

Hey malum, Stock Bushings are made of rubber or something like rubber, so stock suspention is "squshy".

This set of bushings is made of Nylon (or something synthetic like Nylon). Material like Nylon doesn't wear out as fast and isn't "squshy". The whole suspension will be tighter/stiffer :cool

That's the best description I can give, If anyone here needs to correct it feel free... :lol:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Robertr2000 said:
Hey malum, Stock Bushings are made of rubber or something like rubber, so stock suspention is "squshy".

This set of bushings is made of Nylon (or something synthetic like Nylon). Material like Nylon doesn't wear out as fast and isn't "squshy". The whole suspension will be tighter/stiffer :cool

That's the best description I can give, If anyone here needs to correct it feel free... :lol:
That's correct. along with "tighter/stiffer :cool " include Rougher. And now that most of the play is out of the suspension system, cars that are pushed hard, break parts. Not trying to sound negative, it's just the trade off when tightening everything up :eek:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GM Paint Guy said:
That's correct. along with "tighter/stiffer :cool " include Rougher. And now that most of the play is out of the suspension system, cars that are pushed hard, break parts. Not trying to sound negative, it's just the trade off when tightening everything up :eek:

Ya, stiffer is also a description I should have used.

I guess I should ask: How much stiffer? Anyone installed a Bushing Set? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
65 Posts
After running "Poly Urathane in my '67 Chevelle for 6 months, I took them out and went back to rubber until I discovered Del-A-Lum (Global West). This is on a DD.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts