Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today while riding around in my truck still cleaning up crap from Wilma,downed line's,arcing wire's,low wire's,etc.I get a call on the radio,PD and FD need you at 6th Ave S.and Wright,car vs pole.So I head that way,I get near the scene of the accident but can't get through due to traffic and emergency vehicle's.So around the block I go,Finally on scene I exit my truck and harrass one of the few police officer's I know that still has a sense of humour.


OK on to my tear's,I get closer to the accident and there sit's a 05 blue blue goat with the front end completely smashed.Only 1000mi and the kid only had it for a month.Seem's someone in a minivan pulled into traffic hit him and directed his goat into the pole.I would say his car is totaled.

They are still removing the driver as I inspect the pole for damage,he is a 20ish PD cadet,he is ok,just a little banged up.Which is a very good thing,he can replace his goat.The motor was shoved back so far the tranny was on the ground with the shifter pulled down through the center console.The passenger had a broken leg,another cadet.The driver's mom was there and was not flipping out.I guess these thing's hold up well in a frontal crash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cell phone user's are the one's to look out for,I have almost T-Boned a couple of people wile chatting on the phone and not paying attaetion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
redrocketgto said:
Cell phone user's are the one's to look out for,I have almost T-Boned a couple of people wile chatting on the phone and not paying attaetion.

Another reason I purchased the 6M.

When I let my wife drive:

1 (hand on the wheel) + 1 (hand on the shifter) = no hands for the cell phone!!! Cuts down on minutes used and forces her to pay a little more attention.

I was thinking a head!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
redrocketgto said:
Today while riding around in my truck still cleaning up crap from Wilma,downed line's,arcing wire's,low wire's,etc.I get a call on the radio,PD and FD need you at 6th Ave S.and Wright,car vs pole.So I head that way,I get near the scene of the accident but can't get through due to traffic and emergency vehicle's.So around the block I go,Finally on scene I exit my truck and harrass one of the few police officer's I know that still has a sense of humour.


OK on to my tear's,I get closer to the accident and there sit's a 05 blue blue goat with the front end completely smashed.Only 1000mi and the kid only had it for a month.Seem's someone in a minivan pulled into traffic hit him and directed his goat into the pole.I would say his car is totaled.

They are still removing the driver as I inspect the pole for damage,he is a 20ish PD cadet,he is ok,just a little banged up.Which is a very good thing,he can replace his goat.The motor was shoved back so far the tranny was on the ground with the shifter pulled down through the center console.The passenger had a broken leg,another cadet.The driver's mom was there and was not flipping out.I guess these thing's hold up well in a frontal crash.
That's a tragedy. Moment of silence please for one of our fellow comrades............... :(


On the lighter side, good thing the guy is okay. Hopefully insurance will pay it off, then he could get an '06! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
itsjoelr said:
Another reason I purchased the 6M.

When I let my wife drive:

1 (hand on the wheel) + 1 (hand on the shifter) = no hands for the cell phone!!! Cuts down on minutes used and forces her to pay a little more attention.

I was thinking a head!!!!
It is a genetic flaw - my wife drives me nuts too when she drives and figures that she needs to talk to her mother at the same time. I would prefer driving with my brothers in the triple digits then driving with her.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
For a moment there i thought u were talking about my friend's goat...He also had a car vs pole...but the damage was to the driver's side..right after the door...the body is smashed in about a foot...He has been devastated...also had the care for about a month...He had no insurance....:(..anyone here have any tips for him...he has to fix it by himself...out of his pocket...any hookups on parts...your input would be greatly appreciated...
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top