Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so the long awaited BOM 06 M6 finally comes in at the local dealer yesterday. They give me a call, so I immediately go look at it. I LOVE the color and the build date was on my birthday! How cool is that! It had the 17s on it. Not only did I not like them but I know about all the strut rub problems they can cause. I brought up all these concerns and struck a deal with the salesman for an $800 allowance toward new tires and wheels. So that would have given me a total of $1300 when you count the $500 the stock 18s would have cost extra in the price. So I decide to go for it and put some more money with the 1300 and order a set of Holden wheels from JHP. I go home get the trade-in cleaned up and while I was gone they washed and waxed the goat. I was so excited I could hardly stand it. I get back to the dealership and the first person I see says “there’s a problem with the paint”. I’m thinking in my head "of course there's a problem I knew this was to good to be true". Walk over and sure enough, there are blackish brown smudge marks under the clear coat in about four different places on the car. I mean it was bad, I don’t see how in the hell it ever got away from the factory looking like that. They of course tried to get me to buy it anyway but I’m not starting off like that. I want it to be perfect from the factory. Anyway, the end to this story is that I have to wait about four more months for the net orange car to come in!:shutme

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ouch, that sucks :( When you say you have to wait 4 more months, do youm mean that you have a downpayment on a preorder? (so that at least the next one coming in is yours)

There were a couple BOMs at dealerships here in Texas; don't know if they still have them or not, and how far you are willing to drive if you are not preordering.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh, I gave them money a long time ago to ensure I would get one of the last 9 this dealership ordered. I told them to make SURE to hold the next BOM for me. There is a spice red coming in around May 1st so if I like it I might not be able to wait for the BOM.

·
Registered
944 Posts
From the pictures, the Spice Red looks too nice. I think it's now my favorite of the colors. I want to see one in person so bad.

I bet you're not going to be able to wait. It's going to be a case of :seeya: bye bye BOM, hello my spice red beauty.

Am I right magic 8-ball?.... Most definitely.:D

·
Registered
456 Posts
CrazyAL said:
Okay, so the long awaited BOM 06 M6 finally comes in at the local dealer yesterday. They give me a call, so I immediately go look at it. I LOVE the color and the build date was on my birthday! How cool is that! It had the 17s on it. Not only did I not like them but I know about all the strut rub problems they can cause. I brought up all these concerns and struck a deal with the salesman for an $800 allowance toward new tires and wheels. So that would have given me a total of $1300 when you count the $500 the stock 18s would have cost extra in the price. So I decide to go for it and put some more money with the 1300 and order a set of Holden wheels from JHP. I go home get the trade-in cleaned up and while I was gone they washed and waxed the goat. I was so excited I could hardly stand it. I get back to the dealership and the first person I see says “there’s a problem with the paint”. I’m thinking in my head "of course there's a problem I knew this was to good to be true". Walk over and sure enough, there are blackish brown smudge marks under the clear coat in about four different places on the car. I mean it was bad, I don’t see how in the hell it ever got away from the factory looking like that. They of course tried to get me to buy it anyway but I’m not starting off like that. I want it to be perfect from the factory. Anyway, the end to this story is that I have to wait about four more months for the net orange car to come in!:shutme

They've got 2 (06' m6 Orange 18") at my dealer. I got the last Spice red :willy:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm pretty much locked into doing business with these local guys b/c I already gave them some money. I don't mind waiting a little while, the dealership has a good reputation and everyone is real nice around there. It obviously wasn't their fault something was wrong with the paint from the factory.

·
Registered
456 Posts
CrazyAL said:
I'm pretty much locked into doing business with these local guys b/c I already gave them some money. I don't mind waiting a little while, the dealership has a good reputation and everyone is real nice around there. It obviously wasn't their fault something was wrong with the paint from the factory.

I feel for ya. I'm finding it hard to wait until Lunch time to go drive around. Seriously though, you're doing the right thing by sending it back and waiting, as painful as that is, it would be worse to settle. Can't they just do a dealer trade :confused

Be strong, good things come to those that wait :cheers

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Robertr2000 said:
Can't they just do a dealer trade :confused
From what I understand, most dealers won't trade unless they are trading GTO for GTO. The BOM with the screwed up paint is the only one this dealer has right now. They won't be able to do anything with that car until it goes to the body shop for several weeks. I wouldn't be suprised if they had to repaint the whole thing. I'm not really on a time table for buying the car. I don't really need a new car right now but I WANT it so bad I could scream!:willy:

·
Registered
454 Posts
CrazyAL said:

I don't see how your locked into doing business with this dealer,the car came in with obvious paint issues,I'm sure they don't expect you to wait around forever....have them locate another car for you,and have it flatbedded to the dealership

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As I said before, I dont think dealerships will just give up their cars to other dealers. It would be easier for me to just go to a different dealer and buy it. I'm sure that if I told them to give me my money back they would. However, I really would like to have one fresh off the trailer that doesn't have a bunch of test drive miles on it. Maybe that is picky but the first miles are critical and I would rather have the peace of mind knowing that I broke it in. Also, if I had not seen this car the first day it came in I would have never known about the paint problem. I'm sure they will take it to the bodyshop, get it fixed, and sell it as if nothing were ever wrong. Then the paint will start to crack 2 years down the road. So I am going to patient and make myself wait for the next one to come in.:cool

·
Registered
456 Posts
CrazyAL said:
I don't really need a new car right now but I WANT it so bad I could scream!:willy:

I was right there for 2 whole days! I thought for sure someone was going to buy my Spice red M6 18"s (it was the one in the window) I couldn't friggin sleep :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.