Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out in the goat Friday and i parked next to a house that had a barn fire going on. i got out the car and a guy said "Nice GTO man" i said thx and he told me to look at the Lancer over there. he said " it looks stock but i put over 10g's in it". i am like wow thats a good grip. He said he got stage 3 turbo, bigger intercooler. he said he took a vette (c5) down and sti stage 3 down and some srt4s. he had me going until he said "i had that lancer converted from AWD to RWD and it can go. :willy: :willy: :willy: why would some one go to RWD and give up traction

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
I was out in the goat Friday and i parked next to a house that had a barn fire going on. i got out the car and a guy said "Nice GTO man" i said thx and he told me to look at the Lancer over there. he said " it looks stock but i put over 10g's in it". i am like wow thats a good grip. He said he got stage 3 turbo, bigger intercooler. he said he took a vette (c5) down and sti stage 3 down and some srt4s. he had me going until he said "i had that lancer converted from AWD to RWD and it can go. :willy: :willy: :willy: why would some one go to RWD and give up traction
I've only seen that driveline conversion done when it's with a V8. The only gain I can see from him doing that is what he loses in traction, he will possibly gain in less hp/tq loss through the drivetrain... maybe! Maybe he's wanting a top end set up more than a quick off the line set up. I don't know. He could be telling the truth.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
He may have been a tool, and after seeing Tokyo Drift wanted to mimic the red evo.....:rofl:
There ya go....

Even with those mods, considering his "RWD" mod, I still doubt it would be able to take a Stage 3 STI, I was neck and neck from a roll with a stage 3 STI for one gear, until he started pulling on me fast.

·
Registered
730 Posts
maybe he opted for a stronger rear end to handle that 10g's worth of work?

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
not an evo. stock locking lancer with the oz racing wheels
Humm, If he did so, he got his drivetrain from an Evo.
:willy: oooooops :willy:
Nah no offense taken, I hate the thing it floats down the highway and its slow, but I give it props though its been in two accidents fixed and still runs good, haven't leaked a drop, good gas mileage, no problems yet at 8x,xxx miles knock on wood.:lol:

·
Banned
9 Posts
As far as I am concerned, everything posted in this racing and kill section should be regarded as BS, unless proven otherwise. There are a lot of alternate internet personalities out and about. I had several kills in my GTO, but I never came in here to toot my horn.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i hear some kind of differential can make them around a 20/80 setup from a 50/50 setup. He might be right, but not all the way

1 - 16 of 16 Posts