Pontiac GTO Forum banner

If your stock hood had a dent which hood would you replace it with?

• the RK Sport Hood?

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • The Banshee Hood (200 more) specify CF or normal

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Other?

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Fix stock hood?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be able to get a new hood for my 04 Goat at the end of the month.
What hood would you put on a black 04 w/ chrome rims?
I want it light, weight reduction for racing!

R

·
0 Posts
hood ?

cut a hole in and install a bird catcher if you know what it is guaranteed
more air flow!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
MaxHax said:
I will be able to get a new hood for my 04 Goat at the end of the month.
What hood would you put on a black 04 w/ chrome rims?
I want it light, weight reduction for racing!
I also have a black 04 and the hood I like is the carbinfiber banchee hood its light waight and u don't have to worry about the cost of getting it painted.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Def. the banshee hood!! :cool its good to see your modding the goat again. what are you going to do next on performance max?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have the banchee hood myself, but mine is not carbon fiber, it's fiberglass. The hood took little prep work for paint and was also an easy install. Needless to say the fiberglass hood was a step in the right direction for reducing weight, but you still have miles to go to get the weight down.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Banshee CF Hood was also my first choice and I had even talked to them (pfyc.com) but I forgot the guys name now, good guy though as I recall.

Hey Batman can you by chance send me a pic at [email protected] of your CF hood please? I love the look and wanted to see how it blended with the black paint because the extra 200.00 would be worth it if you didn't have to prep / paint, even though roadracer says it's hardly any prep at all. Probably not much weight difference between the two maybe 2 lbs?

I must admit that I was suprised to see that the poll wasn't heavily weighted towards the less expensive RK Sport hood. Sounds like Banshee Carbon Fiber to me! How long did delivery take and is it a self install DIY?

Hey Jim thanks for the words of encouragement. Just when I thought there wasn't much chance in keeping my car things turned my way, my income was restored and I even have been getting calls from my ex, in fact we went to dinner last night and I spent the night and saw my dog for the first time in weeks :cheers :cheers

Yeah Hope is a wonderful thing man and things are going well, life goes down but it always comes back up IF YOU HAVE HOPE! In fact I borrwed her digital camera and I am gonna post a few more pics of my window tint after I make this post. :cool

As for mods I have to step it up again the Wednesday Night season starts next month already at our track. :eek:

So I would say headers for sure since my intake and exhaust is so open, and some more weight reduction and if I can afford it the Lingfetter (sp?) larger intake plenum (unpolished) and then bring it all together with a "custom tune" from Diablo. My final race season mod will be those MT Streets from Bob at EPP, I think with the headers, intake manifold (upper) tuning and tires I am talking .5 off my ET if I can nail the launches. Thanks everyone have a great weekend!

When I write it all out it shows I have a long way to go hehe unless I skip the headers this time and just tune , and tires! I wonder if the 1600+ and labor would be a bang for the buck mod for headers and intake? This car already runs like a scalded dog as is maybe just some tires and tuning. Anyway I am way off the topic now just thinking about it! :willy:

·
Registered
353 Posts
when you get the money heads and cam would be well worth it if you are going the n/a route. that cf hood would be tight. keep up the modding. :cheers

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah can't go wrong with the cam mod when staying N/A. I know Rob doesn't post real often but he did heads and cam and maybe he will chime in on the cost per hp bang for buckiness (is that a word?) and dyno numbers tuned?
I would probably want a 112 LSA so there goes smog in CA... Unless they make a 114 that puts down some good numbers?

I am pretty sure it's more than 2k installed minimun though and I would probably want beefier rods and [istons while I was in there making it a 5k project quickly :rofl: . I think if I were to drop 1500.00 I would get tires and a 150hp N20 shot I have been thinking about that lately. It's an easy way to gain a full second and still maintain the daily driver aspects. I had a 2001 Pontiac FireHawk (#42) that I ran a 150 shot with all season with a 3200 Yank TC and ended up with a best of 12.1 with a whopping 1.59 60'! That could be done for a grand including tires and it would only be "on" during racing season otherwise it would be a daily driver. I think I will stick to the baby steps and bolt ons now that I think about it lol. If you go to pfyc.com and check on the inside the engine section though (I don't want to post marketing links here) you will see some pretty cool new items for our 04's! Check out the strap on intake cooler!

The hood is a for sure thing though that is up next. I can't wait for that and will post pics after install!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts