Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im going to attach a picture. Hopefully you can see it. I basically need a whole new front clip. Where can i find the parts for a reasonable price? I cant afford 1500 for a fender. Am i just screwed?

Edit: I'm in san francisco if that makes a difference

Attachments

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I feel your pain,parts for 71 and 72 such as fenders are not being produced Seen a clip for the GTOs on eBay for 3400. Members have mentioned a place called Franks that may have what you need for your LeMans

·
Registered
907 Posts
whats your location for shipping
do your fenders have scoops like the gto>?
my buddy has a whole front clip here in seattle on his putting green
in his backyard hes looking to sell

Scott

·
Registered
312 Posts
Like for most of us, Pontiac parts don't come easy. You don't give your location but there are numerous yards and people like Scott above who cater to older cars. Franks Pontiac Parts is one in Southern California, Desert Valley Auto Parts in Arizona is another. These are places in my local area. I'm sure there's others across the country a quick Goggle search will reveal.
Prices are probably higher in the rust belt since older cars are hard to come by but yes you're going to have to spend some money to get a nice fender with shipping attached although 1500 is somewhat high. Check the Craigs list in cities within the area you're willing to drive. Check out the classifieds over on the PY forums.
Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel your pain,parts for 71 and 72 such as fenders are not being produced Seen a clip for the GTOs on eBay for 3400. Members have mentioned a place called Franks that may have what you need for your LeMans
I think i have tried franks but I'll keep watching them. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats your location for shipping
do your fenders have scoops like the gto>?
my buddy has a whole front clip here in seattle on his putting green
in his backyard hes looking to sell

Scott
No they dont. I might be ok with converting the whole front clip if thats my only option. Is it also a 72?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like for most of us, Pontiac parts don't come easy. You don't give your location but there are numerous yards and people like Scott above who cater to older cars. Franks Pontiac Parts is one in Southern California, Desert Valley Auto Parts in Arizona is another. These are places in my local area. I'm sure there's others across the country a quick Goggle search will reveal.
Prices are probably higher in the rust belt since older cars are hard to come by but yes you're going to have to spend some money to get a nice fender with shipping attached although 1500 is somewhat high. Check the Craigs list in cities within the area you're willing to drive. Check out the classifieds over on the PY forums.
Good luck
I live in san francisco. Now that i think about it. I think there is a muscle car graveyard in sacramento. Ill look around. Thanks

·
Registered
907 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

NOS rear bumper in your nay bore hood !!!

My rear bumper is ok. The driver side fender is straight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Try Bethel's Goat Farm south of San Jose. They've been around for over 30 years.

Cool, didnt even know they were there. Thanks.

·
Registered
928 Posts
did you look at the Chevelle online interchange manual,........sometimes interchange lists can show you where a body panel for a chevy, buick or olds, or even another years one may fit.......just check maybe you can find one or two that could fit

·
Registered
928 Posts
Autometal direct makes lots of fenders, hoods etc. Summit carries them and other repo makes. See if a Chevelle 71 or 72 or other A-Body may fit....

look for 72 Chevelle fenders on summit,...not sure they will fit....but check...less than $300 each..

·
Registered
928 Posts
Yeah sometimes it won’t work,...but as an example....a 68-72 Chevelle deck lid will swap with a Buick skylark or Montecarlo....

the 68-72 roof panel interchanges with all GM A-Body Hardtops....

A cutlass supreme 70 -72 roof panel would fit on a Lemans , Skylark or a Chevelle....

there are many interchanges, and some with slight differences.....just saying it might be worth checking...

but you have said it won’t work....so back to salvage yards!

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Yeah sometimes it won’t work,...but as an example....a 68-72 Chevelle deck lid will swap with a Buick skylark or Montecarlo....

the 68-72 roof panel interchanges with all GM A-Body Hardtops....

A cutlass supreme 70 -72 roof panel would fit on a Lemans , Skylark or a Chevelle....

there are many interchanges, and some with slight differences.....just saying it might be worth checking...

but you have said it won’t work....so back to salvage yards!
You tried that what counts

1 - 20 of 20 Posts