Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah, remember that thread I started about a week ago or so? About how the new Z06 isn't looking that spectacular. Well that all just went out the window in my mind.

Chevy has the full info for the new Z up on their site, and hot diggity damn! I'm really considering getting one of those suckers, they really did beat what my expectations were. I'm thinking I could definately live with the ride quality of the vette for the "wonderfulness" of the Z. Chances are though I'll also end up getting another GTO sometime just for a second choice (I still love the goat too much).

Anyway, chances are.... Yellowbird Z06 here I come!

·
Registered
144 Posts
The Z06 & GTO combo is pretty sweet; I feel they really compliment each other. I would love to have a new Z06 but there is no way I am going to pony up the coin for a new one any time soon. Go for it and let us know the paticulars of ownership.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I plan on stopping by a vette dealership right down the street from me tomorrow. This dealer seriously has like 25 C5's/Z06 and some 50 C6's sitting on the lot... they only sell vette's other than used trade-ins they get. I'm going to talk to them about a fully loaded C6z and see what they'll be charging. I'm also going to take a nice little test drive of the C6 because I haven't driven one yet... and I'd like to see what I'll kind of be getting.

I'll keep you guys informed though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
DO NOT pay over msrp unless you just feel like throwing away money. there are many reputable dealerships selling them at msrp. and lots of people are giving up their places on waiting lists. you should go to the corvetteforum.com and see whats up. you will not have to pay 100k out the door for one of these things. and yes, they are amazing. i got a drive in a test fleet one and i have pictures of it in my driveway. believe me, you will want to get one of these things. they make grown men giggle like little schoolgirls. :cheers

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Omg no I'm not 19 lol :lol:

I'm still 18

I've been a stock trader since I was 16. I'm very modest, so let me just say that I make more money at my age than 99% of the other kids out there do. Yes I will be able to afford the insurance, although I'm sure it will be high none-the-less.

Didn't get to make it to the dealership today because a few of my stocks decided to play with me so most of my time was taken up being worried about what they were going to do. Unfortunately I lost about $400 on one today :( I'm sure I'll be able to make it back though :D

I'll definately go there tomorrow, I'm pretty sure I'll have the time. Can't wait to see the dealers face though when I tell him I'm looking to buy a Z06 ;)

·
Registered
498 Posts
EIGHTEEN!!! Go sign up for Bondurant's and Skip Barbers racing schools bud before you buy that car!! You narrowly escaped death already, you need to be taught how to control such a beast. My father and I went to those schools every year for 10 yrs, from the time I turned 16. Was great fun for father and son!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Don't worry about that. I'm really a very good driver especially consdiering my age.

Plus, when I'm driving around in a $75k car... do you really think I'd be dumb enough to drive like the average ricer :rofl:

The accident I got into was in no way my fault. The police told me afterwards that I must have been very cool headed cause I did all the right things for the situation I was in.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I still can't get over the money thing..... did you get a loan from your parents to start trading? I came from a very..... deprived..... family where my parents were always borrowing money from me! Although at the time that sucked it instilled a good financial sense in me, and by the time I turned 21 I purchased my first house! But the fact that you can afford an expensive car at such an early age! BTW, I hooked up with one of my friends (I'm actually considering a ZO6 as well) and I got quoted around $59K..... so my advise is to shop your ass off! :cheers

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.