Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
blue/blue/auto/18"

now you don't have to put up with my stupidity anymore. :)

Well just one more.....that slight vibration/shaking when you are stopped at a red light.....thats just the normal V8 at work right?......just checking :)

This thing doesnt have a ceiling light in between the driver and the front passenger tho. :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Grats on the goat! Nice color combo. :D

I'm not sure about the vibration, as you don't specify how strong/to what degree (indeed, it is really hard to express such). Most cars I have been in except luxury cars have had some vibration. What type of cars are you comparing it to?

Is it just a slight vibration that is in time to the sound of the engine (the little chug sounds)?

·
Registered
456 Posts
GibsonUSA said:
Well just one more.....that slight vibration/shaking when you are stopped at a red light.....thats just the normal V8 at work right?......just checking :)

That's the 400 horses under your hood reminding you that they are ready to run :cool

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
AWESOME!! COMMUTING WILL NEVER BE THE SAME. THE FUN STARTS NOW!
:party: :party: :cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Clueless said:
Grats on the goat! Nice color combo. :D

I'm not sure about the vibration, as you don't specify how strong/to what degree (indeed, it is really hard to express such). Most cars I have been in except luxury cars have had some vibration. What type of cars are you comparing it to?

Is it just a slight vibration that is in time to the sound of the engine (the little chug sounds)?
Well while stopped I hear the general "chugchugchugchug!", and I dont really feel anything from that.....but on top of the chugs there's a really really faint sound of thunder (I guess), like "brum!" that very slightly vibrates the car.
So its like:

"Chugchugchugchugbrum!brum!chugchugchugbrum!chugchug...etc"

I noticed it when I test drove it but just assumed it was V8 400hp at work. It doesnt feel or sound broken or anything (the car drives fine), maybe after a life of driving quiet V4 econocars, I'm just checking. :)

Everyone: Thanks for your kind words!!:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
There's apparently something in the ECM program that occasionally makes the car "shudder" as if it had a cylinder or two drop out for one revolution. My 2006 M6 does it and while I don't hear it in the exhaust, the car makes a move like a brief gust of wind hit it. I'm guessing here, but the ECM may be seeing how lean it can go before it actually misses. It is not a lope, like a lumpy cam. It is just an every now and then thing that happens when you're sitting at a light. Let's see.... I wonder if a street tune.... no, how about a cam, nah, ported heads too. .... It is coming, I know it. I keep saying no! but I also keep reading the engine tech posts to find the best way. So far, sounds like long tubes, CAI, cam, heads and tune for starters.
Warranty? I don't want those bozo's working on my car anyway.........
Help! I can't kick the habit. I can't even remodel the patio without trying to make it lighter.

·
Registered
40 Posts
GibsonUSA said:
blue/blue/auto/18"

now you don't have to put up with my stupidity anymore. :)

This thing doesnt have a ceiling light in between the driver and the front passenger tho. :)

EXACTLY WHAT I WANT... with M6

·
1/8 7.63 at 89.14, 60ft of 1.61
260 Posts
Robertr2000 said:
That's the 400 horses under your hood reminding you that they are ready to run :cool
:agree exactly...

·
Registered
455 Posts
GibsonUSA said:
Well while stopped I hear the general "chugchugchugchug!", and I dont really feel anything from that.....but on top of the chugs there's a really really faint sound of thunder (I guess), like "brum!" that very slightly vibrates the car.
So its like:

"Chugchugchugchugbrum!brum!chugchugchugbrum!chugchug...etc"

I noticed it when I test drove it but just assumed it was V8 400hp at work. It doesnt feel or sound broken or anything (the car drives fine), maybe after a life of driving quiet V4 econocars, I'm just checking. :)
If something was broken, you should know it. It sounds like it's fine. I'm not very mechanically inclined, but the "chugchugchug" is normal (the nice V8 music :) ). I get a sound kind of like the sudden surge/brum sound occasionally, usually at idle. I'm almost positive it is the electric fan on the radiator kicking in, but I have never gotten out of the car and checked (it usually happens when I'm idling in traffic, which makes more sense as the engine is warm and you aren't moving to cause airflow to the engine).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.