Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking to purchase a MAF sensor, but I need input/opinions. The SLP MAF sensor is ideal, but I notice a "NOTE:For use with stock PCM tuning."
BUT, the SLP PerformancePacs include a PCM programmer with the MAF sensor? Why is this?
The Granatelli MAF sensor advertises they are compatible with all electronic and aftermarket bolt-on performance equipment, they delete the screen, but are a bit more exspensive. Any thoughts?
BTW, I have a K&N CAI on my shelf waiting for installation once I hash out my MAF issue....

·
Registered
700 Posts
I don't know for sure, but it may have something to do with the way the signal is sent to the PCM. It may pick up the airflow differently than the stock unit, which could really mess up your air:fuel ratio...and that could cause serious problems.
I figured I'd come in here and write something to put you back up at the top for others to possibly reply.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently there is no real reason to remove/mod the MAF with an aftermarket unless you plan to highly modify your vehicle.... according to one of my 'vette friends who did my pcm tune

1 - 3 of 3 Posts