Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Group Buy

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
lol you may have. If it was on july10th 11th and 12th because I took my g/f out to that Keylime Cove resort and went to 6 flags for my b-day :).
yup thats right LOL i was coming back from the 7 mile fair, that McDonald's has a car show up and there is usually a few goats there on Saturdays

·
Registered
351 Posts
it's going to be hell la cheaper same if not better quality, In fact go to your local shop that installs them and these will likey be the ones I'm selling.

And I can tell you that i use to get those, the supplier is not that reliable(really doesn't matter to you, but still) and the ballast are prone to rust. I mean those are ok.....But not at those prices.
Thanks for answering my question. I'm signed up for this. I assume that these are basically plug and play? And I'm also assuming that the reason you showed a couple pictures with the wire strippers was to demonstrate wire size and not because you have to strip/cut any wiring?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I have these on the GTO and NSX and my brothers' RX8.

55watts Digital HID with LIFETIME WARRANTY.

digital HID 55, buy and sell Parts Accessories on eBay Motors
The only issue i have with the "55 watt'' kits are as follows..... They don't seem that, much brighter(from eaby) IMHO going to a more sun light color (I.E.8000k to 4100) well net you a better preformance,
2. No ones has a comparison on the Lumen's(light output), I mean srsly the toolis like 100$ Prove that it is brighter.
3 They use bulbs from 35 watt kits and just drive them harder.(Not all some). The only ''55 watt kit'' that i saw was useful was the one from panasonic.
4.One more lie I found is that OEM/factory ballast were 35watts..... Yeah... So why do people go through such lengths to steal acura,Nissan,BMW ballast? I mean Nissan moved the ballast twice before they switched to an modular unit.
......Rant done

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks for answering my question. I'm signed up for this.
Be sure that u voted
I assume that these are basically plug and play?
Yes
And I'm also assuming that the reason you showed a couple pictures with the wire strippers was to demonstrate wire size and not because you have to strip/cut any wiring?
Yes The actual wire size not the wire AND outer jacket which is 10 guage
Read with in the quote

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
The only issue i have with the "55 watt'' kits are as follows..... They don't seem that, much brighter(from eaby) IMHO going to a more sun light color (I.E.8000k to 4100) well net you a better preformance,
2. No ones has a comparison on the Lumen's(light output), I mean srsly the toolis like 100$ Prove that it is brighter.
3 They use bulbs from 35 watt kits and just drive them harder.(Not all some). The only ''55 watt kit'' that i saw was useful was the one from panasonic.
4.One more lie I found is that OEM/factory ballast were 35watts..... Yeah... So why do people go through such lengths to steal acura,Nissan,BMW ballast? I mean Nissan moved the ballast twice before they switched to an modular unit.
......Rant done
Good points.

I did have a run of the mill 35watts one on the RX7 and same one on the NSX.

When I tried out the 55watts version on the GTO I was blown away on how bright it was compared to the ones on the NSX with 6k high and 12k low beam. Hence the NSX now has 55watts ........

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Good points.

I did have a run of the mill 35watts one on the RX7 and same one on the NSX.

When I tried out the 55watts version on the GTO I was blown away on how bright it was compared to the ones on the NSX with 6k high and 12k low beam. Hence the NSX now has 55watts ........
Whats that 6k/12k thing about? Going from 12k to 4100-5000k would be a bigger difference in brightness than 55 to 35. I take it you were trying to emulate that exotic lambo look? You know that lambo tints the projectors right :p Do you have projectors on your nsx?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Read with in the quote
Yep, I voted a couple days ago. The more I read about these the more I want them on my car. Too bad this is buried all the way down in the off-topic section. I don't see this thread getting much traffic. I would think it would be better in the exterior section. It would get a lot more views.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Whats that 6k/12k thing about? Going from 12k to 4100-5000k would be a bigger difference in brightness than 55 to 35. I take it you were trying to emulate that exotic lambo look? You know that lambo tints the projectors right :p Do you have projectors on your nsx?
They are projector from the factory.....

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yep, I voted a couple days ago. The more I read about these the more I want them on my car. Too bad this is buried all the way down in the off-topic section. I don't see this thread getting much traffic. I would think it would be better in the exterior section. It would get a lot more views.
I had it in the general discussion section, it was then moved..... However it is featured on the Home Page.

If you are good in with the mods have them move it back

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Oh really?

[IM]http://www.littodevilperformance.com/hid/gallery/acuransx/DSC04838_small.jpg[/IMG]

Picture of it with the headlight lens cover before and after it was converted to clear:

[IM]http://www.littodevilperformance.com/hid/gallery/acuransx/DSC05091_small.jpg[/IMG]

[IM]http://www.littodevilperformance.com/hid/gallery/acuransx/DSC05203_small.jpg[/IMG]
:D I guess you win, but in my defense The early ones are nowhere as refined as the ones featured on the 2002+ models and do the early gen;s even havea a cut off?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I would like to see the installation instructions for the GTO (2004 in my case). Can you please scan and post them on here?
I don't have one.... It is plus and play however I usually take out the headlight to get access and to makes sure the bulb is properly in there.

·
GTOAA 04-06 Technical Advisor
228 Posts
I don't have one.... It is plus and play however I usually take out the headlight to get access and to makes sure the bulb is properly in there.
You don't have one? Yet you own a GTO, I assume. Did you put these on yours? If you are fixing to sell them to us, how can you not have a set of instructions or be able to get a set from whomever you get them from?

I clicked interested but as the GTOAA Tech Advisor for the 04-06, I would really like to see a set of instructions for installing them onto MY GTO before I will lay out cash. I just get a queasy feeling when people tell me plug and play on a GTO. Since our GTO actually comes from AU, things are a bit different.

Can they be made to fit, sure. But some of us never want to cut our harnesses. This, after all, is a GTO we are talking about not some...well, you get the picture.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts