Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I probably payed way to much, but am just wondering what the real world value of my car might might be?

I purchased this car in the mid millennium years right around 2006.

Interior I would rate very good (way nicer conditioned than my 97 grand Prix, which I have also taken care of), exterior can be seen in the pics. This is defiantly not a number matching car, parts have been exchanged, engines have been swapped!

I payed a fair chunk of change, probably too much. I'm just wondering what others might think its worth? I'm sure the consensus will be less than my actual cost, which I will post later.

I'm not going to sell it! just curios, and wondering what others opinions may be? This last summer, while it was pulled out in my driveway, someone pulled up and gave me an offer that surprised me. I did not take it, but am wondering now what the car may be worth, and also If I was stupid for not taking the offer?

If the consensus value meets my actual costs within 3 grand, I'll be happy. Its got most the features of my childhood dream car.... "Hardtop, "no post" I Hate 2 door sedans.......Also, no vinyl top (I also absolutely hate them), and have had other cars with them, I still hate them!. The color I always wanted since childhood was red, Ext..... This car matched much of my criteria. I was the ideal buyer for the previous seller! Probably payed for it as well.

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
Not enough info to make a fair guess (need to know all about the engine, drive train, other options, etc.) --- you might try Hagerty's web site. They have a value estimation tool there that I think is pretty close.

VERY nice looking 67, by the way!

Bear

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hell, I'll bite... I would say $12 to $13K in my neck of the woods if it's rust free and reliable enough to be a daily driver (not that I would drive it every day, but I could if I wanted to).

Just a wild ass guess on my part...

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
12-15 sounds about right, had two offers for mine this year north of that and had to decline. Built it to drive it, and my daughter would kick my ass if i sold it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for all the replies, I had picked it for 9, and had some regrets, The seller asked for 10, and took my offer pretty quick leaving me think I probably could have got it for less. A few months ago, I received a nice offer out of the blue while I had it out. The offer was in the same range, as the lower end of the previous posted estimates.

So from the replies it looks like I'm in the ballpark of where a fair price might be. I just wish I could have purchased it 10-15 years earlier, when they were being exchanged for peanuts.

At the time of the purchase, was told it had a transplanted 400, and it has what i think is a original 3 speed trans which is not ideal. I wouldn't call it a speed demon. After the purchase, it had a few problems that prevented it from being what would be considered a reliable driver. The electric cooling fan was not turning on (I was able to fix that quickly with a soldered wire, but it was not something I noticed upon purchase.)

Shortly after its purchase, I initiated another problem upon myself that plagued me for a while. I installed the cheapest battery disconnect switch that I got my hands on, and it took me much longer than I'd like to admit to figure out why I always had problems with battery drain. Damn Harbor freight switch!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts