Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title states, I have red blotches of paint on each tire of my Yellowjacket goat. I was told by another GTO owner locally that this means something... Possibly one of the first, or last to be made for '04?

I have checked out the rest of the inventory here at the local Chevy/Pontiac dealer, and sure enough there are no red paint markings on the tires. Hell, I'm guessing it means nothing ofcourse, but I just wanted to end the curiousity in my head!

·
Registered
590 Posts
the blotches on my sidewalls were pink. i would assume the blotches mean they were ok to go at the factory prior to installation on the chasis.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My silver a4 has the red marks. My GTO was built in 5/2004.

Check your build dates. I assume this is some type of inspection code regarding the tires from the manufacturer. Any tire gurus out there?

·
Registered
590 Posts
May 04 build, here, blotches = pink

·
Registered
10 Posts
The pink/red marks are a BF Goodrich mark, not a GM mark. I just bought two of these tires from a local tire place and they had the same pink/red mark.

Rick

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha, that's funny. My buddy was trying to tell me that I had something "special" because I had these paint markings on the sidewalls. I knew it mean't nothing, but just wanted to check on it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Does the pink dot happen to line up with the valve stem? I'm no tire expert, but I thought that was to be lined up with the stem for balance purposes.
I dunno?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts