Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Premium Member
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At first I didn't like the look of the goat without the spoiler. So to see what some were liking about the spoilerless goat I decided to pull mine off and take a look. To make a long story short, I doubt if it will be going back on. All I've gotten is compliments on the car. Some never even mention anything about the spoiler being gone. I plugged the holes with four 3/8" and one 3/4" plastic plugs that I bought at Lowe's. I had to do a little filing with a rat-tail file to get the 3/8" plugs to fit. Also I painted the plugs with Dupli-Color's silver metallic paint for GM cars. Anyway. Click on My GTO photos and tell me what you think.

· Registered
237 Posts
6QTS11OZ said:
At first I didn't like the look of the goat without the spoiler. So to see what some were liking about the spoilerless goat I decided to pull mine off and take a look. To make a long story short, I doubt if it will be going back on. All I've gotten is compliments on the car. Some never even mention anything about the spoiler being gone. I plugged the holes with four 3/8" and one 3/4" plastic plugs that I bought at Lowe's. I had to do a little filing with a rat-tail file to get the 3/8" plugs to fit. Also I painted the plugs with Dupli-Color's silver metallic paint for GM cars. Anyway. Click on My GTO photos and tell me what you think.
Looks good. Personally, I think a lot depends on the color, and I do like the Goat in silver sans the bread board.

The wheels look real good. Are they 18s? From the pics it seems as though you have the rear wheel fender lips cut for clearance . . . What width rim and tire are you running?

· Premium Member
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PWR_SHIFT said:
Looks good. Personally, I think a lot depends on the color, and I do like the Goat in silver sans the bread board.

The wheels look real good. Are they 18s? From the pics it seems as though you have the rear wheel fender lips cut for clearance . . . What width rim and tire are you running?
:agree I think the color has a lot to do with the spoilerless looks too.

The front wheels are 19" x 8" (40mm) with 235/35 tires and the rears are 19" x 9.5" (45mm) with 245/35 tires. Yeah I had to trim the inner fender lip about 5/8". I used a jigsaw for that. I have no rubbing issues even with passengers in the back. Also I have the Pedders rear drag springs that are a lot stiffer than the stock ones. They eliminated a lot of the rear bounce and I haven't had anymore wheel hop since adding them. Also the ride is just as smooth.

· Registered
272 Posts
6QTS11OZ said:

damn, i have tomorrow off, i might give it a try.. i swear forums have bonded my car and me more :cheers

· Premium Member
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mean Goat said:
Looks too "innocent" without the spoiler!....IMO. :cheers
And that's just what I want other's to think. That works out to my advantage for those unsuspecting fools who challenge my GrandAM, Cavalier or whatever they think it is :D .

· Registered
16 Posts
what the?

In reply to 707GTOLS2, its people like you that endanger people.

Why the hell would you on purpose smash someones car? You dont know that the other lady knew she hit your car...was there any damage? and if there was why didnt you take down the number plate and leave a note.

Kicking someone elses car is just plain stupid and you continue the cycle.....not to mention your speeding that could have killed somebody.

Chill out bro...and maybe you shouldn't own a powerful sports car.

· Premium Member
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dotocomo said:
In reply to 707GTOLS2, its people like you that endanger people.

Why the hell would you on purpose smash someones car? You dont know that the other lady knew she hit your car...was there any damage? and if there was why didnt you take down the number plate and leave a note.

Kicking someone elses car is just plain stupid and you continue the cycle.....not to mention your speeding that could have killed somebody.

Chill out bro...and maybe you shouldn't own a powerful sports car.
Uh, I think you meant for this to be in another thread :confused .

· Premium Member
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JMJ80 said:
damn it raining all day i guess i'll try anotherday...i will go ahead and pickup plugs....what woudl be a good match to cyclone grey or should i go black on the touch up??
I wonder if the dealership can get you a small can of the cyclone gray. I know they can get the touch paint in the small 1 oz or larger container but brushing the plugs probably wouldn't look to good. If not I guess black wouldn't be bad. Or maybe you can just look through all the paint at a parts store and find something close. Chrysler may have a close match.

· Registered
272 Posts
6QTS11OZ said:
I wonder if the dealership can get you a small can of the cyclone gray. I know they can get the touch paint in the small 1 oz or larger container but brushing the plugs probably wouldn't look to good. If not I guess black wouldn't be bad. Or maybe you can just look through all the paint at a parts store and find something close. Chrysler may have a close match.
thanx i will try the next opputunity, how did you wrap spoiler to perserve for no damage?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.