Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm near Orlando Fl. I bought my 05 on Saturday the 16th of April. Through Monday night the 18th still have not seen another GTO on the road. I've only seen 2 others(05's) since January. I've seen more Lamborghini's than GTO's. How's that for exclusive. :party:

We need to start the wave. Wave everytime you see another. :seeya:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've had mine for a month, and almost 3000 miles. I've seen two 04s on the road, and about 100 new Mustangs. I like it that way. I have never owned a vehicle this impressive, and I've owned some nice cars over the years. I think someone put the wrong window sticker on it or something, cuz this thing drives like a 50K plus vehicle.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Got mine on March 23 and to date have not seen another 04, let alone an 05, on the road. I know there is another one in town (the owner is on this board) but so far I haven't bumped into him. I love to get a group of us together in this area for dinner drives or whatever. All I need to do is find them...

·
Registered
59 Posts
GTO-Quikls2 said:
Got mine on March 23 and to date have not seen another 04, let alone an 05, on the road. I know there is another one in town (the owner is on this board) but so far I haven't bumped into him. I love to get a group of us together in this area for dinner drives or whatever. All I need to do is find them...

Since I've had my goat I think I've only seen 2 on the road. That's over a year! It would be nice to have some type of meet and greet. I know there have been over a dozen 04's and several 05's sold localy but I just haven't seen them. Anyway, I'm in South Jersey. A bit of a comute I think

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
fergyflyer said:
I'm near Orlando Fl. I bought my 05 on Saturday the 16th of April. Through Monday night the 18th still have not seen another GTO on the road. I've only seen 2 others(05's) since January. I've seen more Lamborghini's than GTO's. How's that for exclusive. :party:

We need to start the wave. Wave everytime you see another. :seeya:
I used to own many Jeep Wranglers, and I never new a crowd that used the "wave" more! I agree however that we do need to start the wave!! :seeya:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've had mine for around three weeks. I've seen two or three 04's and one 05. One guy was driving down my street and mine was in the garage, I saw him point to his passenger towards my garage. It's great to stay under the radar a little.

I can literally stand up and see the GTOs at the dealership just on the other side of the highway from where I work. They just got two 05's in the other day (gray and blue). This is ultimately what gave me the itch to drive one, now I own one :willy:

·
Registered
24 Posts
i've had my 04 since 12/1 and have seen, maybe, 1 on the road, 1 in the parking lot at work. Love the numbers! see way too many mousetangs to make it a stand out (but hey, they'll market the 6cyl for rental cars, not likely with the goat!) Way to go GTO!

·
Registered
233 Posts
We have only seen 4 since we bought it in November. Around here we have already started the wave... :cool :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've had my '04 IBM6 since before Christmas & only seen a few on the roads here in central CA. Sadly for Pontiac this is one of the best kept secrets in all of motordom. Guess this makes us all special, eh?! :D

I used to own a '92 Subaru SVX that had the same kind of rarity - a great car I drove for over 7 yrs & really enjoyed the exclusivity. People were still asking me what it was when I sold it. The '92's had no name tags on them, just the Sub emblem on the front & in the tail lights.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.