Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, ive been roaming around this forum for awhile now. i love the new gto's. especially the ones with the ls2 in em. ive sat in it before but never got to drive one.

so can you guys tell me, what are pros and cons about the new gto? (trans mission, interior, exterior, etc.)

what prices should i expect from the 05 and the 06 model. im from southern california. what are the average price gap between the 2?

the reason i am asking this is becuase my dad talked to me today about how he wants to buy a truck and is willing to take mine and help me buy a gto.

if everything works out, ill end up with a gto. thanks guys!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Min9861 said:
hey guys, ive been roaming around this forum for awhile now. i love the new gto's. especially the ones with the ls2 in em. ive sat in it before but never got to drive one.

so can you guys tell me, what are pros and cons about the new gto? (trans mission, interior, exterior, etc.)

what prices should i expect from the 05 and the 06 model. im from southern california. what are the average price gap between the 2?

the reason i am asking this is becuase my dad talked to me today about how he wants to buy a truck and is willing to take mine and help me buy a gto.

if everything works out, ill end up with a gto. thanks guys!
Well your first question is already answered. If you have been around the fourm, then you can see what troubles may plague the GTO. However if there is much love for the GTO, and the way it out perfoms a lot of other vehicles, then there is really no question on wether you should buy one.

Always go with the new model, most of the times they have some of the kinks worked out from the previous one. As far as price well your gonna have to go out and compare. With all this no more GTO, oh wait 08 it's back, prices are probably bouncing up and down like crazy.

I love my car, I have not heard one single person on this forum say otherwise. Inside and out that is one bad a$$ ride........... come on and join the club, you will be glad you did.

·
Registered
439 Posts
however the 04's are very affordable these days. People tend to underrestimate them given the lack of bells and whistles, but the LS1's are only 50hp and 30lb. ft. behind the LS2's on average. Boltons and a tune can put you where they should be. They also get better mileage, if barely.

There's a GTO out there for everyone. :)

·
Registered
700 Posts
I managed to pick up a used 05 which only had 5000 miles on it, I got it for only $23000, which is almost $10k cheaper than a new one, and at 5000 miles, it was barely broken in! The 06s hadn't hit the lot yet. It just so happens that I knew the person who owned it before, so I knew it was taken care of. I doubt the previous owner ever had the engine revved over 5000 rpm either. So the deals are out there, you just need to look for 'em. They also had an 04 on the lot for $19,500, but I wanted the M6.

·
Registered
439 Posts
baron_iv said:
I managed to pick up a used 05 which only had 5000 miles on it, I got it for only $23000, which is almost $10k cheaper than a new one, and at 5000 miles, it was barely broken in! The 06s hadn't hit the lot yet. It just so happens that I knew the person who owned it before, so I knew it was taken care of. I doubt the previous owner ever had the engine revved over 5000 rpm either. So the deals are out there, you just need to look for 'em. They also had an 04 on the lot for $19,500, but I wanted the M6.
Wow that's an insane price, good find!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yep, I drove it before I asked the price, I figured that it would be nearly as expensive as a new one. When they told me $23k, I was like "WRITE IT UP, QUICK! I'll take it!". haha
Within 2 hours (time enough to go home and remove all the stuff from my old truck) I was driving it off the lot. It's bee nothing but a fairy tale ever since. I love this car!

Trust me, if you drive the GTO, you WILL want it. So if you're not sure you're ready to buy a car, do NOT drive the GTO. Go drive a mustang or something, it won't excite you as much. hehe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.