Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm sitting here wondering how to make my already kick ass 05 goat even more kick ass. Basically I want to know some nice upgrades to put on it to give it more HP/Torque. I'd rather not get an egine charger of any sort yet, nor a new exhaust system cause I'm happy with the SAP exhaust set-up I have now. I'm looking into getting things like some nice new cylinder heads, maybe an air-intake system and just any other seemingly cheap stuff like that.

So now, throw at me whatever info you know about upgrades like this. If you could provide links to some parts that you personally like a lot that wold be awesome. I was just recently looking at different upgrades on Lingenfelter's site and that's what made me ask for all of your opinions. Just throw the links out with some advice and I'll do the deciding :D

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I've an 04. I've heard most express the opinion that a CAI (with a good heat shield) and LT headers are the first options to go with before anything more serious. The biggest issue I think you will run into is finding a tuner that has software and experience to tune the car once you made the mods. Most edit software has just started coming out with beta versions.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I didn't know heads were cheap. Won't do you any good puting in, if it can't get out. As Xman said, you need an exhuast, just run it to the SAP muffs.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool thanks... but if there is one thing I've actually never done on a car (and I've done a good amount) it is installing an exhaust system. Is it difficult for a frist timer or could I do it myself easily without have to take it to someone?

·
Registered
204 Posts
RiceEater said:
Cool thanks... but if there is one thing I've actually never done on a car (and I've done a good amount) it is installing an exhaust system. Is it difficult for a frist timer or could I do it myself easily without have to take it to someone?
Headers you can put on at home, the exhuast pipes you'll need to take to an exhuast shop unless you have a pipe bender at home

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
silvergoat05 said:
Headers you can put on at home, the exhuast pipes you'll need to take to an exhuast shop unless you have a pipe bender at home

Yeah I know all about headers, jsut not sure I have the money to spend arond $2k for them right now. I'll look into the exhaust thing, can anyone give me a link or something recommending a good exhaust set-up? Like I said exhaust is one thing I really don't know much about at all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Corsa or Borla is the way to go with cat-back exhausts. From what I've heard, those exhausts are top-notch in quality and bolt right up to the vehicle without any hassles.
Those are also very pricey though, running around a grand.

Might as well make the engine breath as best as possible. High-flow cat, CAI, cat-back, headers, port and polish the intake manifolds. All that fun stuff.

·
Registered
204 Posts
How are you going to "port and polish" a plastic intake? He already has the SAP muff's and doesn't want to get rid of them. That is why I had suggested a muffler shop for the pipes.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is off topic from what we were previously talking about, but after doing a little reading, I've become somewhat interested in the STS charger. Could anyone tell me about how much horsepower and torque one of those babies would add to my 05? That and the fact of has one even been developed for the 05 yet? I know they are out for the 04 but haven't heard any word on the 05's. Any info is appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts