Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i need some help.... i dont have a gto but i have a 2004 gto motor in my blazer . i was just woundering what would be the best mufflers and cats to use everything else will be hand made for the exhaust. Any info would help thanks!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Since you'd have to do a custom exhaust, I'd recommend Flowmasters. Just about every shop has them or can get them. Supply and demand keeps the price fair. Depending on what sound you want, they have a muffler to fit your needs.

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
WOWHUH said:
Since you'd have to do a custom exhaust, I'd recommend Flowmasters. Just about every shop has them or can get them. Supply and demand keeps the price fair. Depending on what sound you want, they have a muffler to fit your needs.
:agree

I suggest super high flow cats into an x-pipe then to flowmaster series 40 delta flows.

Super High Flow Catalytic Converters

The all-new metal substrate super high flow catalytic converter. Designed with a 3 inch inlet and outlet. This catalytic converter flows dramatically more air than any other converter on the market and is far more durable than ceramic based cats.​

·
Registered
700 Posts
wow, GTO engine in your blazer? That's pretty kickass. Any chance we (or rather *I*) could talk you into a video of a burnout or two? :cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys :cheers

baron_iv said:
wow, GTO engine in your blazer? That's pretty kickass. Any chance we (or rather *I*) could talk you into a video of a burnout or two? :cheers
Yeah that would be no prob. just as soon as i get everything together . So far about a year in the making!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Well, good luck with it. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.
By the way, I think there is an exhaust sounds thread around here somewhere, which gives you sound clips of various mufflers/cats/etc., maybe that would help you with your search.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I got Kooks L/T's flowmaster Cats, SLP L/M I (with their mufflers removed) and Magnaflow bullets in their place.

Kooks pro'ly #1 choice amongst the various herds around:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts