Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am the proud owner of a 66' GTO. Well here it is I really wont see it until I redeploy here in a little bit, so right now I am pretty much getting everything under the sun so when I get home I can start to work on her. Well here is my question. Apparently the engine code states that it is a "CY" I have had someone recheck this for me and I am still waiting for an answer. I have looked everywhere in regards to this. Now it could be miss read as YC and the motor is actually a 455 out of a 71 but I doubt that. Now I do know that there was an engine stamp with "CE" before which actually stood for Cheverolete Engine. Has anyone ever heard of a CY stamp? Ohh by the way the engine that was said to be in there is a 389. Again if anyone can help please let me know. Thank you

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hello I am the proud owner of a 66' GTO. Well here it is I really wont see it until I redeploy here in a little bit, so right now I am pretty much getting everything under the sun so when I get home I can start to work on her. Well here is my question. Apparently the engine code states that it is a "CY" I have had someone recheck this for me and I am still waiting for an answer. I have looked everywhere in regards to this. Now it could be miss read as YC and the motor is actually a 455 out of a 71 but I doubt that. Now I do know that there was an engine stamp with "CE" before which actually stood for Cheverolete Engine. Has anyone ever heard of a CY stamp? Ohh by the way the engine that was said to be in there is a 389. Again if anyone can help please let me know. Thank you
Here is a list of Pontiac Engine Codes. CY is not on the list. It may have been misread, which, I can tell you from expirience, is easy to do.

Pontiac Power

Hope this helps.

Russ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts