Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live here in the Motor City and anyone that lives here knows that there is a race normally in sight anywhere you go, but I didn’t think at 6 O’clock in the morning and not just one but two. Well, here the story. I have a 2005 GTO, auto and my mods so far are a K& N cone filter and some Nitto Drags. Now, this is my wife’s every day car, so I decided to take it to work today and as soon as I am about a mile from my house I see a Lightning at the light with a hood scoop and from what I could tell a Borla cat back exhaust. I continue driving and see the Lightning behind me and a 99 Mustang GT in the lane next to me about a car and a half ahead. As soon as the stang sees me in his side mirror he hits it and so do I. I pull him in easy and as I pass we make eye contact; I keep on pulling hard. End of first Kill. As soon as the Lightning sees this he wants a peace of the new kid on the block, so he gets at my side and we both hit it from a 30 and are about dead even and shut down at about 60. Now, I don’t know any thing about these trucks, but that supercharger wind was so loud that I don’t know if everything under the hood was stock. We go again from a 50 which is a very strong roll for this car and I hold him and start to pull him slowly. We shut down at around 80. After that the guy wanted to keep racing, but I had to get to work. I waved and drove on. Not a bad start to a morning.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah, you have to be careful with some of the trucks on straights and highways. Ran side by side with alot of them. Here in PA, after a good straight run, I'll ask them to try and stay on my tail through some twisties :willy:

Gets them everytime!!!

Nice kill on the rustang. Nothing like pony meat to start the day off with. And always a great way to start the weekend!!!! :cool

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Those Lightning superchargers are loud as hell -- and, in the first couple of years of production, had a habit of causing unbelieveable water leaks.

They're fast off the line -- but lose an awful lot of top end due to their barn door like aerodynamics. If I'm not mistaken, they've got a supercharged 5.4 Romeo platform 8 -- whereas the Cobras had the 4.6.

They sure can be fun for doing donuts, though. I really wanted to buy one a couple of years ago -- but just couldn't stomach the thought of getting 9 mpg city (the sticker says 12, yeah right). And the Dodge SRT-10 pickup? The mileage ratings are 9 city and 12 highway!

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Nice kills.

The SVT Lightning stock runs 13.8 1/4. It's strong suit is 20-80, so you hit him at about his best spot. A pulley, intake, exhaust, and chip net a high 12.x 1/4 with drag radials. They sound like a wounded animal from the supercharger scream. You should definately be happy with the performance you put down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts