Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a long wait, but I am proud to say I'm a GTO owner. My dream car, a piece of true American muscle a 65 GTO!!!! I drove back home to PA to fetch this one, its a long story and I hate to write so I will save it for another day.

The goat is in the garage and needs some work. Its going to be my summer / fall / winter project!!!

Anyone have tips / tricks ??? Engine recipes to get a 1967 400 tri-power to run close to 400hp?

Chase your dreams!!! Its was worth the wait….

Attachments

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Congratulations! I had one identical to yours in 1980-81. Capri gold with a Black vinyl top. Mine had wrong '67 Rally II rims, though, not the cool Custom wheelcovers. Neat car! Enjoy it. A '67 400 with a decent cam and intake (like a tripower) is going to run pretty close to 400 horses. Don't worry....it'll burn rubber!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got the offical PHS documentation back. Car was built in Fremont and was sold by Utter Motor Company in Sopkane. I know the car made it to New York sometime in its life and I got if from a guy back in PA. Its kind of funny how its now back home...so to speak!

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
The Blue Charcoal '65 that I have now, and have owned since 1982, was built in Fremont, CA and sold by Utter Motor Comp0any of Spokane on june 3, 1965. The buyer got transfered/moved to Los Gatos, Calif. in 1966, and The car's been here in CA since. No rust at all, thanks to the brief time in Spokane....Small World!! I did a search on Utter Motors, and it appears they went out of business long ago. (I wanted a license plate frame)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts