Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I made a deal on my GTO today, so I'm now part of the family. Well, I'm not new to the Pontiac family. I have a '96 Bonneville with 180k on her. I love her so much, I dind't trade her in.

Looking forward to driving my new car, and following the forum. It is one sweet ride.

Gerry in Festus, MO

·
Registered
140 Posts
Welcome aboard. Just got my GTO about 2 months ago.
Just got back from a car show and had a lot of interest in the GTO. Not another one there out of 130+ cars. Car just gets better every day.

Which color/interior combo did you get?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a black/black M6 with the optional 18" wheels. I was on the fence about the wheels. They both look good to me, but made my decision and even have to wait until Monday to get it. If I'd have taken the standard wheels, I'd be out driving right now instead of typing.

I've been taking a lot of s**t from a couple of the guys at work about it, especially the MOPAR maniac that sits right next to me. Funny thing is that every time someone has something bad to say about the GTO, it is a reason WHY I wanted to buy it...especially in black.

I'm not exactly one day older than dirt, but my days of driving [email protected] looking cars and racing everyone who will bite are over. I am a loyal GM lover who wanted something that doesn't draw attention...especially from the cops. I wanted something that people will say, "What the hell was that?" when I fly past them. The GTO is the perfect fit for me, and the black car? I think it will be my dream sleeper car I've worked for so many years to get. I also loved the blue (have a blue Bonnie), but it is just too blue for me.

I like your comment about the car show too. I can throw a grenade out on I270 in St. Louis and take out half a dozen Mustangs. I don't hate them, but they are a dime a dozen. I have yet to see a GTO on the road.

I'm looking forward to it, and my daughter was really wanting me to get one this weekend. She also felt it was necessary to point out that she gets her learners permit in 6 years. lol

If I had to complain about anything, it would be that the stereo would not play my MP3 disk. OK...maybe a couple more complaints. The one I test drove today smelled like it was about to catch fire when we got back from the test drive, but I suspect it was something on the exhaust. The trunk is a joke, but I pretty much knew that from my research. For me...that's the smallest list of gripes I've ever had about a car, and I could go on for hours and hours about why I love it.

I hope there's a section that let's me vent about dealers. My local dealer lost a sale yesterday for something really stupid. It was good for me though....it saved me well over a grand on the price.

Gerry

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome! Your going to love the car. I remember when I picked mine up and the first couple days of driving and how great it was.(still is!) Nice choice of color. Next get the windows tinted. That is a must for the black car. Enjoy!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Grats (again) on the Goat!

By the way, new Goats tend to have a hot smell to them; not sure if that's what you smelled. It is hard to describe--not like oil or gas, but like hot plastic and metal. This goes away, or at least fades, after a bit. Just the new components venting off excess dyes, paints, fragments or whatever, I suppose.

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Clueless said:
Grats (again) on the Goat!

By the way, new Goats tend to have a hot smell to them; not sure if that's what you smelled. It is hard to describe--not like oil or gas, but like hot plastic and metal. This goes away, or at least fades, after a bit. Just the new components venting off excess dyes, paints, fragments or whatever, I suppose.
coating thats on the exhuast

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yeah, that smell had to be from the exhaust.

What a day it was...the first time I looked forward to my 50 minute commute, and I was not disappointed. I do think I should contact my doctor immediatly to make sure I can handle this car. I may have to sell it.

Break in rules: "No full-throttle accelleration". NO PROBLEM!!! Jeez, this car scares the SH!T out of me!

And I can't wait to drive her again. To say that it was a trill would be quite an understatement.

Gerry

·
Registered
456 Posts
ShoddyHog said:
Yeah, that smell had to be from the exhaust.

What a day it was...the first time I looked forward to my 50 minute commute, and I was not disappointed. I do think I should contact my doctor immediatly to make sure I can handle this car. I may have to sell it.

Break in rules: "No full-throttle accelleration". NO PROBLEM!!! Jeez, this car scares the SH!T out of me!

And I can't wait to drive her again. To say that it was a trill would be quite an understatement.

Gerry

It's a thrill every day for me. This morning was no different :D

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MARS said:
Don worry about the gripes with the car, like no mp3, small trunk and stuff, when you drive it...all those small things seems to go away. :)
I'd agree with that. Every day I drive it, the more I fall in love with it. Finally checked ou the audio tody...not bad at all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Diddo...:agree
Welcome..Be out all night driving picked it up today.....:party:

Have fun....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.