Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has been in the shop for over two weeks, local service department and gm hotline both have no idea of when they are going to manufacture my drive by wire/pedal sensor. So, now I wait, and become even more angry and impatient than what I was the day before. The dealership won't take the sensor off of one of the goats on the lot.

HOW CAN GM HAVE A WHOLE DEPARTMENT FOR SERVICE, BOTH LOCAL AND NATIONWIDE AND YET I AM NOT GETTING ANY?????

So what if Im b#tching, this is garbage, parking my goat for over 2 weeks @ the dealership without touching it is unacceptable!!

Since my car has been in the shop I have called them about 60 times, they have called me 3 times maybe twice!!!

That moped would whoop up on my broke down goat right now too!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone else think this could be a potential "Lemon?" I read that if a car is in the shop for over a month without the condition being fixed or repaired it could be considered a "lemon." Does that sound about right?

The GM rep told me that the lemon law would not apply because they haven't tried to repair it yet. Does that sound right?

Are there any Attorney's in our group??

(I will dream tonite of kicking that GM rep in the teeth!!! :D )

·
Registered
674 Posts
I feel your pain. gm customer service is non existant. you have to do a search and get your states lemon law. read it and see what it says. this is the reson i advocate leasing a gm product with no money down. oh you cant fix my car, well i cant pay it anymore. so sorry i went out and got a mustang keep your gto.

look up the lemon law and see what it says. are they at least giving you a decent loaner? we got crap cars every time the aurora was in the shop for a week to do two hours work.

·
Registered
165 Posts
StocktonRaider said:
Does anyone else think this could be a potential "Lemon?" I read that if a car is in the shop for over a month without the condition being fixed or repaired it could be considered a "lemon." Does that sound about right?

The GM rep told me that the lemon law would not apply because they haven't tried to repair it yet. Does that sound right?

Are there any Attorney's in our group??

(I will dream tonite of kicking that GM rep in the teeth!!! :D )
I'm no lawyer, but I know that lemon laws vary from state to state. I believe the main thing is about a vehicle being in for X number of times for the same problem with no resolution. I am unsure about longevity of a problem or an extended stay in the shop. Hope this helps. I'm sure there is more detailed info on the web. :cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'd be mad as hell, too. Are they giving you a vehicle to drive while they're holding yours hostage? Have you considered taking it to a different dealership? Hey, there was a guy in Pittsburgh here who had a gripe with a dealership. He made these big signs saying how much the dealership sucked, put them on his car, and rode up and down the road all day long so people would see them. And they couldn't do a damn thing to him. They even featured him on the local news. If it were me, and the dealership weren't cooperating, and going to a different dealership was unsuccessful, I'd make it my mission to make life miserable for them. You know, a sort of "they'd cringe when they heard my name" kind of thing. Everybody has a soft spot. You just have to find what theirs is.

·
Registered
674 Posts
http://caag.state.ca.us/consumers/general/lemon.htm
Did a google search using california lemon law and look what i found.
(3) The vehicle is out of service because of the repair of any number of problems by the manufacturer or its agents for a cumulative total of more than 30 days since delivery of the vehicle.
My advice is to discuss the lemon law with an attorney and see what your rights are. Also STFU, yes shut up, stop calling the dealer, let them forget the car is there until day 31. after day 31.... :eek: :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wow. Not good. I just noticed my brake light sensor was stripped out today, leaving my brake lights on all the time. I jury rigged it, but its only a matter of time before it fails again. I hope this isn't a problem to get.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Check with your states comsumer protection agency and find out the requirements of the lemon law. You usually need a lawyer to get the manufacturer's attenion when it comes to lemon laws.

It doesn't do any good to lose your temper with the dealer. Just be calm and express your self without offending anyone, otherwise they might be inclined to let your car sit out in the lot until they "get to it". Just think how you'd react with someone SCREAMING at you. You have to play the game. Don't threaten, just act. Call around and take it somewhere else if you need to.

And get a moped. They are cheap and save fuel.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My GTO has been into Pontiac 3 times now for the same problem, 1 more and it's considered a lemon here in NY. I've called customer service and the dealership numerous times and raised hell. It's gotten to the point now where I know the local reps name, but can't contact him because I don't have his number (yet) however Cust Serv actually said to me "If you don't like how we do business, then contact the Better Business Bureau."

And you wonder why the GM credit rating is now listed as JUNK... what a joke.

·
Registered
674 Posts
GTOOOOOH said:
My GTO has been into Pontiac 3 times now for the same problem, 1 more and it's considered a lemon here in NY. I've called customer service and the dealership numerous times and raised hell. It's gotten to the point now where I know the local reps name, but can't contact him because I don't have his number (yet) however Cust Serv actually said to me "If you don't like how we do business, then contact the Better Business Bureau."

And you wonder why the GM credit rating is now listed as JUNK... what a joke.
i got the same contact the BBB answer from a jackass named Paul Nagy and a incompetent fool named Rueben Martinez when i had problems with my aurora. I sent a letter to the president of the UAW and GM. I was called by the executive assistant to the president of GM who told me they were going to be trained.

·
Registered
5 Posts
contact www.normantaylor.com

I think www.normantaylor.com was formerly Taylor & Hodges one of the 1st law firms to specialize in california lemon law cases. Years ago when I contacted them they were very businesslike, told me not to waste time with my particular case. A friend of mine went through them successfully returning a Mustang. It's not all peaches & cream though. I think they had to pay something for the use of the car before they turned it back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.