Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been looking for a while for low mileage GTO. In about a month I test drove may-be 5 cars – without exception they all had Flowmaster exhaust (got to be a popular mod :)). I did not really like the sound of it, but finally I came across a deal that I could not pass by. So I got 04 GTO with just 27K miles – she is a beauty :), but still a bit to laud. So I am thinking about actually swapping Flowmaster to OEM exhaust. Can somebody recommend a shop in Seattle/Tacoma area that will know how stock GTO exhaust looks like, look at my car and tell me what parts I need to get and then install them?
Also (I am a newbie here) may-be there is an easier way to alter sound of the exhaust?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
What!!! Go back to stock exhaust!! You must be out of your mind!! :D

·
Registered
353 Posts
Stock exhaust is rediculously expensive to buy new. Best bet would be to find someone who wants to trade for loud exhaust. Just the mufflers are over $600.00 each for GMpartsdirect.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was not even thinking about new. What do you think about this eBay item? "OEM Cmplete cat back stainless steel exhaust 2004 GTO" 225 shipped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts