Pontiac GTO Forum banner

I Want to Drive my GTO...

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  CrabhartLSX 
#1 ·
Man it's getting rough, I have to sit in my easy chair during the day where I catch myself starring at my 05 Torrid Red M6. I keep telling myself 1 more week and then I can Possibly drive it. I tried here about a week ago after taking a couple of lortab and valium to ease the pain, against my wife's wishes. Shifting and engaging the clutch was a difficult task, but the real hard part was getting in and out of the vehicle. I can see it now here in a week or 2 you'll see a 33 yo man cruzin in a red 05 GTO with a handicapp sticker on the window... Not that there's anything wrongs with being handicapped. If there's anything I've learned from my accident is value you're well being and health (life) because you never know when it can be taken from you. For those of you who read this and don't know, I was involved in a Train/Truck crossing accident on 03/07/06. I was in the Train which derailed causing serious injury's. Shattered my T-12, bleeding on the brain and numerous other cut's and bruises. But I try to look at the positive's I'm still here with my friend's and loved one's and I'm not paralyzed or dead... Everyone have a great day and burn some rubber for me.....:)

#5 ·
Nice to hear you're feeling better, but don't rush it my man. The last thing you want to do is re-damage something getting in and out of the goat and have to wait longer! Hang in there. Will dedicate a burn-out to you this evening.

purplehaze - get through your 40 days and make it home safe!

#7 ·
Don't F...with your back man,. Hang in there and get the rest your body needs. Trust me the healing process must be followes. If its not then you will be crippled for life.

My wife broke her back last year and I faced the same challenges your wife is going through.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.