Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of Sunday's engine building session....we solved several problems. The biggest of which was getting the headers to fit without touching the block......look close and you will see the "double flange" at the exhaust ports...... The blower is all set up. Next is the installation of the accessory drive system....then the big day!

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
Extremley nice to see the economy not affecting everyone!!! Should pass everything but a gas station. hahahaha VAROOOOOooooooooommmmmmm

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RUKEE, Fire up on engine stand, break in and close tune....then DI-rectly to the dyno for tuning, and such!!! Videos will follow.....:party:
ALKY, That's exactly what the wife said when she saw the pics!:lol:
JET...wheel well cam?

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
I think he's talking about an engine run-in stand Rukee. I started mine up on one too. Then you can do a preliminary run in and look for leaks etc. before you put it on an engine dyno or in the car. I started mine on one (wtractor pull zoomie headers pointed straight up!) and it's really nice to have the peace of mind that it's ready to go once you put it in the car.

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well...the remaining few pieces in the engine puzzle are on the way...(middle of next week). And the bodyman said I will have the carcass this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:party:

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very close !

Today we installed the Billet Specialties accessory drive system...I will say this...so far the kit was THE ONLY THING THAT BOLTED RIGHT UP WITH NO PROBLEM/ALTERATION!!!! Just need a few bolts and nuts, and we are ready to fire it up......
I shoulda tubbed.......:party:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts