Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm sure that all the "northerners" on here are used to the winter stuff and all that comes with it, but around these parts this sort of thing is infrequent and still news-worthy.

Mrs. Bear and I have been iced in out at "the ranch" for a couple days now. I decided to have a little fun. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cci_ZfiauM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Bear

·
Registered
240 Posts
Been iced in quite a few times. Good to see you're making the most of it. Not much else you can do. Oh and be careful.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
remember when i was about 6 my dad and uncle taking me out on the snowmobile to find the biggest hill around...tossed me down it on one of those saucer sleds. Last memories as i spun down the hill...tree...tree...tree...lights out!

·
Super Moderator
5,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
remember when i was about 6 my dad and uncle taking me out on the snowmobile to find the biggest hill around...tossed me down it on one of those saucer sleds. Last memories as i spun down the hill...tree...tree...tree...lights out!
:lol: Yeah, if you notice at the end of the video, I bailed. That one tree was getting big, fast. :D

These 60 year old bones don't flex like they once did...

Bear

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Hilarious. Never too old to go for a cardboard slide! A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Beautiful landscape, BTW. Are you all moved yet?

·
Super Moderator
5,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, we're still living in Garland. When we heard the storm was coming and how cold it was supposed to get, we realized the last time we were out "at the ranch" we'd shut off all the pilots, heat, everything. Not wanting to have to deal with frozen/broken pipes and stuff, we figured it'd be wise to come out here in advance of the storm and make sure everything was set. We've been here since Thursday, and (of course) loving it.

I just got a robo-call from my work saying that conditions aren't expected to improve and employees should plan to work remotely Monday if possible.... I reckon I can handle that :D

Bear

1 - 8 of 8 Posts