Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While on mustangforums.com a mod there and member here I believe sidewayz 6.0
with a 05 GTO A4 bone stock claiming 355whp on 87 and 12.8'@109.

Swears up and down stock A4 GTO's beat 03-04 Cobras from rolls, etc. This guy is such a tool it's interesting to read.

Here's some examples:

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_13488..._2/key_/tm.htm

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_1423911/tm.htm

And they ban me for basically calling him out and saying he's an idiot and knows nothing about GTO's.

Long reading I know, but worth it imo.

Didn't know all of us GTO's w/430ish whp should be running 11's without a question

·
Registered
439 Posts
on 87!? damn i wouldn't dream of putting that pig **** through an LS2.

He may have gotten that, but he needs to give his car away before he ruins it.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I opened up my airbox by drilling some extra holes to the front. I then cut out below the airbox to get more air in. other than that my car went 12.895 at 109 bone stock. The air was really good that evening and I never repeated the 12's. I could easily get 13.0 and 13.1 at 107 bone stock.

As far as the Cobra goes I beat a stock 03 with mine too. It was real close and more of a drivers race than anything else. IMO the 03/04 Cobra vs LS2 GTO is a drivers race stock for stock.

Now for the 87 octane, :eek: not so sure I'd want to do that.

·
Registered
491 Posts
fat nick said:
While on mustangforums.com a mod there and member here I believe sidewayz 6.0
with a 05 GTO A4 bone stock claiming 355whp on 87 and 12.8'@109.

Swears up and down stock A4 GTO's beat 03-04 Cobras from rolls, etc. This guy is such a tool it's interesting to read.

Here's some examples:

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_13488..._2/key_/tm.htm

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_1423911/tm.htm

And they ban me for basically calling him out and saying he's an idiot and knows nothing about GTO's.

Long reading I know, but worth it imo.

Didn't know all of us GTO's w/430ish whp should be running 11's without a question

Depends on the conditions, and they're not too unbelievable...unlike your 399.9whp claim with your previous mods that were really good for only about 370whp or less.

·
Registered
37 Posts
fergyflyer said:
I opened up my airbox by drilling some extra holes to the front. I then cut out below the airbox to get more air in. other than that my car went 12.895 at 109 bone stock. The air was really good that evening and I never repeated the 12's. I could easily get 13.0 and 13.1 at 107 bone stock.

As far as the Cobra goes I beat a stock 03 with mine too. It was real close and more of a drivers race than anything else. IMO the 03/04 Cobra vs LS2 GTO is a drivers race stock for stock.

Now for the 87 octane, :eek: not so sure I'd want to do that.

I don't know about a drivers race. The cobra weighs less, dynos more and traps more in the 1/4. I don't see a drivers race. Just for the record I am not bashing the GTO, I love the cars.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yeah but cobra is SC'd while the GTO breathes naturally we are veering away from apples to apples. Bolt a blower on the GTO and the driver can be a mental patient and beat the cobra easily but then you could build a case that the GTO's block has bigger displacement I can go on and on with these analogies. Bottom line is if ford has to SC all there motors to keep up or beat our GM's of this era I can live with that. :lol:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
lotaguts said:
Yeah but cobra is SC'd while the GTO breathes naturally we are veering away from apples to apples. Bolt a blower on the GTO and the driver can be a mental patient and beat the cobra easily but then you could build a case that the GTO's block has bigger displacement I can go on and on with these analogies. Bottom line is if ford has to SC all there motors to keep up or beat our GM's of this era I can live with that. :lol:
Not trying to start a fight or anything but this logic is about the same as my wife's argument that breasts implants are not "real". If it exists, it's real. They may not have once been that way, but they are now. Those breasts, and whatever is inside them is real.

Same with a SC engine. OK, so the engine didn't come that way. Big deal. It's that way now, and maybe it has more power than the Goat. Again, big deal. If you race it, and lose then you lost to a car with more power. The power is real, just like big boobies. :rofl:

·
Registered
25 Posts
You should beable to run your cars on 87 octane. And 87 is more volitile than higher grades (thus why they require higher octane for forced induction cars or cars with higher compression). GM made it an initiative to make sure all their cars can run on 87. My fathers caddy sts 4.6L v8 320 hp runs great on 87.

·
Registered
491 Posts
noz34me said:
Not trying to start a fight or anything but this logic is about the same as my wife's argument that breasts implants are not "real". If it exists, it's real. They may not have once been that way, but they are now. Those breasts, and whatever is inside them is real.

Same with a SC engine. OK, so the engine didn't come that way. Big deal. It's that way now, and maybe it has more power than the Goat. Again, big deal. If you race it, and lose then you lost to a car with more power. The power is real, just like big boobies. :rofl:

Yeah, your wife is right.

If natural b**bs can't compete with other more womanly naturals, they get a blow-up job, and when a N/A'd motor isn't manly enough to compete with another guy's motor, it too gets the *power-adder*, just so it can compete :eek:

Mustangs are the Tara Reids...GTOs are the Kelly Brooks:eek: no contest!

·
Registered
231 Posts
noz34me said:

You mean to tell me silicone gel in fake T*Ts is the same as my wife's natural tissue. Yeah and so is the processed chicken I ate at Wendys the same as real chicken come on maaaannnnn thats ridiculous....

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
757GT said:
I don't know about a drivers race. The cobra weighs less, dynos more and traps more in the 1/4. I don't see a drivers race. Just for the record I am not bashing the GTO, I love the cars.
The Cobra doesn't make it's power in as wide of a power band as the GTO. Although it does have a higher peak through the power range the LS2 is superior.

We do have a member here, patisi that has both. His GTO is faster than his stock Cobra. He's raced his Cobra with his brother driving the GTO and the GTO wins. They immediately swap cars and the GTO wins again. After several atempts the Cobra really starts losing due to temps going through the roof in the car. That tells me 2 things first I may be wrong it may not be a drivers race, the GTO is the real winner. Second, the N/A engine has an advantage over the S/C engine over the long haul. Put the 2 cars on a road track for sustained hard racing and see what happens.

As far as my situation, I raced a stock 03 Cobra at the track with my GTO. We both had similar 60' times, his slightly better than mine. I beat him to the end of the track. My reaction time was slightly better than his. All in all I was .05 seconds faster at almost 2 mph slower than him. Another 100' and it would have been a different story. Then again get the 2 over 130 where the aero advantage comes back and the GTO would come back again. I still say drivers race.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So 399 in my car is less realisitic that 355 on 87 octane pulling timing like a sob on a bone stock A4. I think not. Also with no sheet to prove it and on a mustang dyno. Come on now. At least mine I have a sheet and even my shop got on the internet to defend it as well. Not like I was making anything up, just posting what I recieved.

Hell when I got redynoed I was only making 355.

Also I could see a M6 GTO possibly beating a Cobra from a roll. But an A4........which is what this guy has and says it will beat it from any roll........sorry sounds like complete and utter bs to me.

·
Registered
491 Posts
fat nick said:
So 399 in my car is less realisitic that 355 on 87 octane pulling timing like a sob on a bone stock A4. I think not. Also with no sheet to prove it and on a mustang dyno. Come on now. At least mine I have a sheet and even my shop got on the internet to defend it as well. Not like I was making anything up, just posting what I recieved.

Hell when I got redynoed I was only making 355.

Also I could see a M6 GTO possibly beating a Cobra from a roll. But an A4........which is what this guy has and says it will beat it from any roll........sorry sounds like complete and utter bs to me.

I was commenting on your 383whp claim, I think it was, with just a muffler delete and a CAI. Anybody that knows anything about mods should have known that it sounded way too good to be true; you're certainly not an idiot.

That's like a Size-24 lady saying that HEY she only weighs 122lbs, because the scales are off...but that's what those crushed scales showed her. :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.