So I have a problem but wanted to hear your thoughts.
- Idled very nicely at about 850 RPM
- When I shift into Revers or Drive dropped to about 750 RPM
- I had a very restrictive PCV Billet piece in place
- I was not using vacuum advance.
- Vacuum around 14"
- Upgraded to Wagner PCV, but even with a "regular" PCV it is the same - the added airflow caused an increase in idle, so I had to turn down the idle screw. This really is not about the Wagner, I've removed it until I get this worked out and put the "regular" PCV in (Not the Billet low flow one).
- Plumbed up the Vacuum advance that added 14 Deg. This change made a HUGE improvement in off idle response! I again had an increase in RPM, so had to bring it back down with the idle screw.
- Now my idle needs to be about 900, and is "rough". When I shift to Drive or Reverse idle drops to around 650 RPM and not in a good way. I do have a 2400 RPM Torque Converter.