Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... Because it's F-ing fantastic!!

I picked it up 3 days ago, and the more I drive it the more I love it!

My previous car was a 1994 Camaro Z28 M6 (with several mods) which, in my opinion was a great, fast, solid car that took everything I could throw at it. But it's ready for the big race track in the sky now, and hence... '05 Black GTO M6.

Granted, it's a little overweight, a little under-tired, and could use a nice set of Bilsteins and springs, but this car is just so great in so many ways, I'm just floored so far.

So I just wanted to stop in and say hi. I lurked here for a few months and you guys have helped me make the decision. I picked it up from Guy Schmidt Pontiac in Glendale, CA after reading a post from someone that they had given him a pretty good deal (sorry if that someone is you and I didn't name you -- I'm still trying to find that post so I can thank you). Got the car at invoice. Can't say enough about the dealer, or especially the CAR!!

Time to put a sock in it. Nice to be here.

--WW

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BigJim said:
Congrats on the new GTO :cheers Have you floored it yet? ;) :party:

Of course! I have about 190 miles on it, and I don't believe in babying the car at first. (I'm not flogging it to death either, mind you, but I'm giving it a gentle taste of the performance I will be expecting from it!)

--WW

·
Registered
42 Posts
Forgot to add...I got mine at GMS price also, so if anybody is able to get the discount, don't let the dealer say they won't sell it for that price. When they told me that I walked and they called me right back.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sounds like we had similar Z28s. The autotrader ad is in my sig with a list of mods.

Enjoy it, I am.

the guy that bought my Z28 found it for his youngr son. his older son has a stock 98 Z28. I asked him to report back on the chubby for mods his older son gets when his younger one dusts him on the first turn!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tom said:
Sounds like we had similar Z28s. The autotrader ad is in my sig with a list of mods.
Not to stay off topic, but here's a link to a pic of the old Z28. Pics of the new GTO not taken yet (it's raining). Besides, there are lots of pics of Black '05 GTO's around here already!

http://www.socal-fbodies.org/members/rben.html

Glad to be part of the community!

--WW

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've had mine since October, but after about 2k miles, put in the garage except for occasional spins. Ice, potholes, salt, all the stuff that makes winters long here. I changed the oil before parking it, but never brought it over 4k rpm. Am I being a wimp? I'll change again with synthetic in the spring and let it do it's thing.
Any thoughts on fuel type, or that wierd 1>4 tranny thing?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.