1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SFSU Hosts a Terrorist
By Lee Kaplan
FrontPageMagazine.com | May 2, 2005

Cindy Sheehan followed this act. Wearing a sweatshirt advertising the website for United for Peace and Justice, Sheehan was interviewed outside just before the meeting by an ABC-TV news reporter. Sheehan said then that military recruiters should not be allowed on college campuses, maintaining they trick naïve 18-year-olds with offers of money and scholarships. Tragically, Cindy Sheehan lost her son Casey who was in the Army and was killed two weeks after arriving in Iraq. She claimed he was promised a job as a chaplain’s assistant although once in the service was placed in a combat role and killed, certainly a moving story – one she exploits to promote venomous anti-Americanism. “George Bush and his neo-conservatives killed my son,” she said tearing up a bit. “America has been killing people on this continent since it was started. This country is not worth dying for.”

We have no Constitution. We’re the only country with no checks and balances. We want our country back if we have to impeach George Bush down to the person who picks up the dog sh-t in Washington! Let George Bush send his two little party animals to die in Iraq. It’s OK for Israel to have nuclear weapons but we are waging nuclear war in Iraq, we have contaminated the entire country. It’s not OK for Syria to be in Lebanon. Hypocrites! But Israel can occupy Palestine? Stop the slaughter.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=17915

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't see a restriction over the door leading into the garage area. If you don't like it, don't comment.

It doesn't say mustang/corvette central on the mast head either, but there seems to be a good amount ink spent on them.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
SFSU and Berkeley are loaded with whack jobs. There's some creep in Palo Alto driving around in a Toyota Camry with an American flag displayed upside down. Of course, she's an "I'm smarter-than-you" Berkeley grad with her little Cal sticker in the window. Honestly, who puts a university sticker window on their car after they graduate -- if at all?!?!

While I agree this whole SFSU thing is revulsive, we do need to find out why -- when we have satellites that can read a license plate from 25,000 miles in space -- that the basis for our going into Iraq turned out to be completely mistaken. As head of the NSA, Condolezza Rice should have been fired for that screw up -- but she got promoted instead. To me, that's a slap in the face to every one of us.

Personally, the only reason I support what Sheehan's doing is so the spotlight can be kept on the Bush administration. We need to find out the real reason why our troops are getting maimed and killed -- why the people in the Pentagon who projected that we needed 700,000 troops to secure Iraq after the war was over were either ignored or asked to resign -- and why we're flushing billions down the tubes on Iraq when so much remains to be done in the United States. Maybe the Bush administration was that naive -- but there may be impeachable or criminal activities going on in there that nobody knows about yet.

As for Sheehan, she can ask for the truth -- but her doing so certainly doesn't allow her or her supporters to spout lies and half-truths themselves.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's her right to complain and question the qovt. But to say this country isn't worth dying for, is going to far.

We may not be perfect, but we are the best thing going.

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
I could have sworn I saw JANE FONDA driving a Hundai tonite.

Couldn't have been her..... she's living in Laos these days.

I did hear shes hangin with Alzikari (or how ever you spell his rag head name) these days.

·
Super Moderator
5,142 Posts
silvergoat05 said:
It's her right to complain and question the qovt. But to say this country isn't worth dying for, is going to far.

We may not be perfect, but we are the best thing going.
No telling what I would say if my son or daughter was killed in Iraq!

·
Super Moderator
5,142 Posts
silvergoat05 said:
I didn't see a restriction over the door leading into the garage area. If you don't like it, don't comment.

It doesn't say mustang/corvette central on the mast head either, but there seems to be a good amount ink spent on them.
This forum is for off topic (non GTO) topics. Seems like a good place to post this.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
silvergoat05 said:
Completely agree. You wouldn't believe the nutcases in San Francisco. A lot of them need a good punch in the chops.

Funny thing was when the Iraqi thing was just beginning, protestors were running amok in San Francisco -- smashing windows and jumping on people's cars. Was happening all the time. The few people the cops arrested were always let go by the D.A. -- which everybody thought was crazy.

Well, some of the same protestors went over to Oakland to stir some crap up. The OPD was there in force just keeping an eye on things -- when some protestor/clown threw at bottle at them. Holy cow! Every member of the OPD started blasting them with buzzballs (rubber balls about the size of a tennis ball designed to pop open and release large marble sized hard rubber pellets -- a more appropriate name should be "bruise balls") and 2 inch chunks of wooden dowel rods (two inch dowel rods designed to smack anything they're pointed at really hard -- a more appropriate name should be "let's get the heck out of here").

Those clowns picked a fight with the wrong bunch -- and jumped in their VW minibuses and retreated San Francisco -- where they held a press conference. They had welts the size of cantalopes all over them.

I'm all for making a point -- as long as it's done peacefully, respectful of other people's view, and based on reality vs. lying just to make some idiotic point.

·
Registered
42 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
Personally, the only reason I support what Sheehan's doing is so the spotlight can be kept on the Bush administration. We need to find out the real reason why our troops are getting maimed and killed -- why the people in the Pentagon who projected that we needed 700,000 troops to secure Iraq after the war was over were either ignored or asked to resign -- and why we're flushing billions down the tubes on Iraq when so much remains to be done in the United States. Maybe the Bush administration was that naive -- but there may be impeachable or criminal activities going on in there that nobody knows about yet.

As for Sheehan, she can ask for the truth -- but her doing so certainly doesn't allow her or her supporters to spout lies and half-truths themselves.
As an active duty Army soldier myself, I could probably fill pages with my thoughts (some of them logical, others not as much so) on the Iraq war, the Afghanistan war, Cindy Sheehan, situations in Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Sierra Leone (???). But let me limit myself to Mrs. Sheehan.
I'm sure I could never understand the grief a mother feels when she loses a son, regardless of the circumstances. But I object to her actions for 3 reasons:
1) Her son was not drafted, he voluntarily enlisted in the U.S. Army. If he had done his research before signing the dotted line he would have understood that being "promised a job as a chaplain's assistant" does not mean "you will never be shot at."
2) One of her chief complaints is that in her initial meeting with Bush (about a year ago) he did not show enough compassion and did not even know her son's name. Colonels, Generals, certainly the Commander in Chief are not supposed to know the names of individual soldiers, it is not part of their job. If Mrs. Sheehan wanted sympathy from someone, she should have talked to her son's squad leader. I'm sure he would have sat and cried with her for hours over the tragic loss (that is not sarcasm).
3)If I should lose my life in this conflict or in service to our country at any time, my only wish for myself is that my small sacrifice does not get drug through the mud and called a tragic loss pursuing a meaningless cause. Especially by any member of my family. That thought is unbearable.

Couldn't resist adding my thoughts to this one... :cheers

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
novolvo said:
As an active duty Army soldier myself, I could probably fill pages with my thoughts (some of them logical, others not as much so) on the Iraq war, the Afghanistan war, Cindy Sheehan, situations in Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Sierra Leone (???). But let me limit myself to Mrs. Sheehan.
I'm sure I could never understand the grief a mother feels when she loses a son, regardless of the circumstances. But I object to her actions for 3 reasons:
1) Her son was not drafted, he voluntarily enlisted in the U.S. Army. If he had done his research before signing the dotted line he would have understood that being "promised a job as a chaplain's assistant" does not mean "you will never be shot at."
2) One of her chief complaints is that in her initial meeting with Bush (about a year ago) he did not show enough compassion and did not even know her son's name. Colonels, Generals, certainly the Commander in Chief are not supposed to know the names of individual soldiers, it is not part of their job. If Mrs. Sheehan wanted sympathy from someone, she should have talked to her son's squad leader. I'm sure he would have sat and cried with her for hours over the tragic loss (that is not sarcasm).
3)If I should lose my life in this conflict or in service to our country at any time, my only wish for myself is that my small sacrifice does not get drug through the mud and called a tragic loss pursuing a meaningless cause. Especially by any member of my family. That thought is unbearable.

Thanks for your thoughts and thanks for defending America.

·
Registered
202 Posts
novolvo said:

:agree I spent 12 months over there right after the war started and although I thought that every day of it sucked, I was in the army because I signed up. Every soldier takes that risk when he joins, it is not a soldiers place to question intensions and moreover the families should be more understanding. It would undoubtedly be a disaster to lose a loved one, but freedom is not free!

·
Registered
937 Posts
I wasn’t sure what to make of this woman when she first appeared on the television. I felt bad for her that her son died in combat. I wanted to hear what she had to say; maybe I could understand something of what she was going through. Suffice it to say, I do not want to hear another word from this woman now. She is a vicious woman that has an agenda as big as the ones she claims our Government has. She offers nothing to me except for her hateful attacks against our elected leaders and our country. She has allied herself with other hate-spewing people that don’t give a rats a$$ about this country, or the people in it. They are just trying to achieve their own selfish goals and agendas. I am very glad that "novolvo" made comment #1 in his post. Its the ugly truth. She is now nothing more than a sad left-wing nut that has succeeded in alienating herself from her family and the majority of the people in this country. She is not a traitor, and she has every right to do what she is doing, its a good thing that we can dissent like this. However, I no longer care for this woman or her plight, and when her and her Willie Nelson looking Woodstock hippie losers show up on my television I exercise my own rights as an American and change the channel.

·
Registered
72 Posts
novolvo said:
Well put! Although I'm in the Navy, I've had the opportunity to have a class Army guys go through our course of instruction and was very impressed with their patriotism and motivation even though almost all had been over in the "big sand box" and were due to go back! Hoo-Ah!

·
Registered
42 Posts
GrayGoat said:
Well put! Although I'm in the Navy, I've had the opportunity to have a class Army guys go through our course of instruction and was very impressed with their patriotism and motivation even though almost all had been over in the "big sand box" and were due to go back! Hoo-Ah!
What do you do in the Navy? My stepbrother just graduated Annapolis this spring...he's gone on to be a jarhead though.
:cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
We all know the lib's say it's not worth dieing for and the goverment in office says the same thing, but it's something we must do to protect the freedom's of our contry. I'm just sick and tired of people pointing fingers and saying it's all there fault. Do I think the United states is worth dieing for? Simpley YES..... But we all know dieing is the EZ part.....just stand in the way of the bullet. The real question is'nt are WE willing to die for our contry but are you willing to KILL for it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
novolvo said:
What do you do in the Navy? My stepbrother just graduated Annapolis this spring...he's gone on to be a jarhead though.
:cheers
Nothing wrong with the Marines except they get closer to the battle. We like to stand off a bit. I'm currently an instructor on the MK15 CIWS 1B.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts